Respected Contributor

stevie: I think that next to the original Dillen satchel the Bristol is one of my favorite handbags.... perfect size and shape for me. If it had a zipper pocket on the back, it would be the perfect handbag. But, even without the zipper pocket, I love the Bristol. At the right price, I would buy it in several colors. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} I know I must be patient.... I have other handbags {#emotions_dlg.lol} (more than a few) to use while I wait for the right sale.

Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

stevie: I think that next to the original Dillen satchel the Bristol is one of my favorite handbags.... perfect size and shape for me. If it had a zipper pocket on the back, it would be the perfect handbag. But, even without the zipper pocket, I love the Bristol. At the right price, I would buy it in several colors. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} I know I must be patient.... I have other handbags {#emotions_dlg.lol} (more than a few) to use while I wait for the right sale.

It's a lovely bag. As noted, I'd prefer it were it just a tad larger, but I've had my eye on it for a while though I've not bought it. I ended up with the domed TSV in several colors and so I supposed I'm going to have to get a Bristol in at least one...

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevie, that's OK, if you cannot get Bristol now, you will find 100 other bags you would want to purchase Wink not to worry!

And wow, my luck with the bags recently....I allowed myself to buy ONE more bag, and....

First, I ordered the Toledo one from DB site which turned out to be the wrong shade of blue, so I returned it.

Second, I was tempted to order TSV Dome on QVC but decided to cancel my order before it shipped because it took them forever to process and I was afraid they were out of stock and planning to ship somebody's return.

Third, I almost purchased the small Emma & Sophia crossbody floral bag just because it was $55 and on easy pay, so I also cancelled my order since I really didn't *need* this bag...and easy pay or no easy pay, it's still $60!

Then, I placed an order for the DB Suede bag in pink just to cancel it as well because - again - I didn't need another bag....in medium size, and another hobo...

Finally, I made this unfortunate purchase with the OrYANY Better in mushroom which I am returning...

Oh, and I did get the OrYANY Daria in berry, but it was someone's return and the only reason I kept it, is because it cost my only $101 and I really liked the color.

SO, with that being said, I owe myself another bag!!!!! Smiley Tongue And my 35th birthday is in December!!! That calls for an expensive gift to myself! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

TK: when handbag luck turns bad, give yourself a time out for the cosmos to reset. You will find a bag you love soon. October is a great month for a new handbag. Or wait until after your birthday for the end of year sales. Smile Maybe schedule a road trip to include a Dooney outlet... as a birthday gift to yourself.

Valued Contributor
On 8/15/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

TK: when handbag luck turns bad, give yourself a time out for the cosmos to reset. You will find a bag you love soon. October is a great month for a new handbag. Or wait until after your birthday for the end of year sales. Smile Maybe schedule a road trip to include a Dooney outlet... as a birthday gift to yourself.

Thanks Smiley Happy well, I found this one! But not buying it for this price.....and yes, I will definitely wait for sales or call the outlets....
Valued Contributor
Well, let's just say that my 35th birthday gift has been taken care of tonight, thanks to the Sleeping Beauty Turquoise...... Smiley Wink incidentally, it IS my birthday stone! And I love the fact that I could order a few pieces on advanced order..... and easy pay of course! Who needs another bag..... Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 tough_kitty said: Well, let's just say that my 35th birthday gift has been taken care of tonight, thanks to the Sleeping Beauty Turquoise...... Smiley Wink incidentally, it IS my birthday stone! And I love the fact that I could order a few pieces on advanced order..... and easy pay of course! Who needs another bag..... Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your Sleeping Beauty Turquoise purchases and most of all, happy 35th in advance, TK! Smile I really like your fun and thoughtful posts, and yes, we all probably have more than enough handbags for awhile! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I also love SBT...there is something calming and elegant about that deep blue color. So cool it's your birthstone! Have a great rest of your weekend, TK!

Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 tough_kitty said:

Stevie, that's OK, if you cannot get Bristol now, you will find 100 other bags you would want to purchase Wink not to worry!

And wow, my luck with the bags recently....I allowed myself to buy ONE more bag, and....

First, I ordered the Toledo one from DB site which turned out to be the wrong shade of blue, so I returned it.

Second, I was tempted to order TSV Dome on QVC but decided to cancel my order before it shipped because it took them forever to process and I was afraid they were out of stock and planning to ship somebody's return.

Third, I almost purchased the small Emma & Sophia crossbody floral bag just because it was $55 and on easy pay, so I also cancelled my order since I really didn't *need* this bag...and easy pay or no easy pay, it's still $60!

Then, I placed an order for the DB Suede bag in pink just to cancel it as well because - again - I didn't need another bag....in medium size, and another hobo...

Finally, I made this unfortunate purchase with the OrYANY Better in mushroom which I am returning...

Oh, and I did get the OrYANY Daria in berry, but it was someone's return and the only reason I kept it, is because it cost my only $101 and I really liked the color.

SO, with that being said, I owe myself another bag!!!!! Smiley Tongue And my 35th birthday is in December!!! That calls for an expensive gift to myself! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Yep, no worries... I have enough bags and when another I feel more certain I'll love comes into view, I'll be ready... I had a lot of stuff to tote around the last few days, so right now I'm using the Gili natural ostrich and will pare down and use something a bit smaller for the rest of the weekend. Whatever the need or occasion, heaven only knows I've got it covered, so another bag, well, it's just not high priority! Besides, with fall approaching and my trying to set a firm limit on bag purchases, I want to wait and see what's put out in the marketplace for fall... Traditionally, I don't much go for all the spring and summer colors and prints anyway!

As for your big birthday, instead of a bag, you might consider a piece of turquoise set it gold. It really is so pretty and gold totally elevates the gemstone. I have a couple of turquoise rings, one actual Persian turquoise, set it gold and absolutely love them. Something to think about, anyway, but a bag is always a great 'from me - to me' gift!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Thank you, ladies Smiley Happy You are too kind! And I enjoy reading your posts as well! I still want the Bristol in violet, so I'll look for it on sale.....but last show made me realize I deserve something special for my "special" birthday! So, I ordered 2 things on advance order and easy pay - J295178 and J318417. The nugget necklace because it's just so pretty and very affordable in gold, and the more expensive but absolutely stunning doublet ring..... my mom spoiled me with gold jewelry on my every birthday since I turned 18, but now she is in Europe so I gotta spoil myself Smiley Happy I did the research on doublets and found a similar ring on eBay at similar price. I know that the value of doublets is low but the look of this ring is amazing! Best thing - I get to see it for one easy pay payment and return it if I decide I don't like it. Now I'm thinking, do I really need a violet bag if I love wearing blue jewelry?? Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor
PS. Sorry for the lack of formatting but it looks like it doesn't work anymore on my tablet Smiley Sad