Not applicable

Breezies underpant - Please take note

I have worn Breezies underpants or briefs for years. They are the very best for your money. However, buyers take note.......Why do the manufacturers have to continue sewing the size tag into the side seam? Torture ! I have to cut out each tag and resew the seam. For the price and quality you should not have to do this.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Breezies underpant - Please take note

I bought Breezies for years. I still like them but was looking for a less expensive alternative. Some have said the quality has gone down as well.

I've tried various brands and really have not found anything that I really like. I just want to thank anyone here who suggested the Hanes brand at Walmart. I picked up three (3) different Hanes styles there today. I opted for the 3-pack pairs, just in case I was not thrilled with them.

One important thing on size. I always bought size 7, always thinking that was my size (in Breezies it was, anyway). Today I measured myself. According to the Hanes chart, I'm a size 8, so that's what I got.

The Hanes cotton briefs and cotton blend hipsters will work....the boy shorts, not so much.

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions! There is life after Breezies!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

On 2/4/2014 Jes16 said:

I bought Breezies for years. I still like them but was looking for a less expensive alternative. Some have said the quality has gone down as well.

I've tried various brands and really have not found anything that I really like. I just want to thank anyone here who suggested the Hanes brand at Walmart. I picked up three (3) different Hanes styles there today. I opted for the 3-pack pairs, just in case I was not thrilled with them.

One important thing on size. I always bought size 7, always thinking that was my size (in Breezies it was, anyway). Today I measured myself. According to the Hanes chart, I'm a size 8, so that's what I got.

The Hanes cotton briefs and cotton blend hipsters will work....the boy shorts, not so much.

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions! There is life after Breezies!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I also forgot to mention that the Hanes have NO TAGS.....Yes!!!

Honored Contributor

I won't buy Breezies underpants anymore because the fabric around the elastic on the legs wears out very quickly and exposes the latex elastic. i am allergic to latex and have gotten some very uncomfortable rashes from this. At the price they charge these should wear like iron. I do much better buying underwear at Target - cheaper and they last forever.
Super Contributor

I fell in love with the breezies briefs about 10 years ago. I have ordered several sets both on QVC & on Ebay. I sent e-mails to QVC to bring back the denim blue & dark denim brief-but no new colors, in fact you can hardly find the briefs anymore !

Super Contributor

For a number of years, I bought Ex Officio briefs at Holloway's or Magellen's. Then I discovered the Nicole Miller ones at Sam's Club @ 3 pair for $12. No panty line, no wedgies. Wear like iron. Haven't looked back in the past 8 years, especially since I save $14 to $16 A PAIR!

Since I travel a lot, these are GREAT.

My other favorite, Jockey Slip Shorts. LOVE these - made of the same microfiber. I have both the regular and short ones. I like under white & light color slacks and capri length pants. I find these on sale often at the Jockey web site. They are always mailing coupons, so you can get them for $11.

For removing tags from ANYTHING, use a dedicated long handled seam ripper. Works FAR better than manicure scissors. (Short stubby seam ripper WON'T work well). You will never have to sew up a seam after removing tag. You hold tag taught with thumb and middle finger of one hand, and use the first three fingers of the other hand to slide across the tag VERY, VERY close to the stitching. When it no longer slides easily across, you go to WM and spend $1.49 for a new one.

Super Contributor

Haines hi cut panties are great...... They last and the cotton or cotton blend launder nicely. The price can't be beat.
Regular Contributor

I agree with all that has been said about Hanes. I love the hi cut too.

Honored Contributor

On 11/29/2013 luelue66 said:
On 9/11/2013 BonnieBelle said:

Really. I wear Hanes Her Way, much much cheaper, and they even have the size heat printed into the fabric, no more tags. You would think for the price of Breezies, they could do that.

Me too, I buy Hanes Hi-Cut in white at WalMart, six in a pack.Sometimes I will buy some of the same in color, but mainly white as per doctors orders.Love them.

Are you serious? I stopped wearing white undies when I was 10 years old. Why did your doctor tell you to wear white panties? The sizing they put in the cloth is the same as colored and printed underwear.