Trusted Contributor

Brahmin Bag in Pecan or Cocoa?

I'm thinking about buying a Brahmin bag and I can't decide which color to get. I'm wondering if the pecan color has some red tones in it? If so, I'll probably go with the cocoa because I don't want any red tones. But, on the other hand the cocoa looks pretty dark. I just don't know. Anyone familiar with these two colors? Any suggestions? TIA

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

Re: Brahmin Bag in Pecan or Cocoa?

I don't know about cocoa but I have a pecan wallet and a bag and I don't see any red in it. HTH!

Trusted Contributor

Oh thank you so much turtle52. I couldn't tell from the picture. I'm now leaning toward the pecan color. I wonder if the cocoa is really a dark espresso brown color?

I'm interested in the the Hudson Satchel. This will be my first Brahmin bag. How do you like this brand?

Member Since 11/20/2008
Occasional Contributor

I have a friend who is a Brahmin addict and I wouldn't say her pecan bags look reddish. Cocoa is very dark.

She texted me back, she doesn't see pecan as having red tones either.

Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

I also have Pecan and love it, gorgeous neutral and no reds that I can see.

I sold a bag in the Cocoa and it too is a gorgeous color but it is dark.

I think either color is a winner... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Divine said:

Oh thank you so much turtle52. I couldn't tell from the picture. I'm now leaning toward the pecan color. I wonder if the cocoa is really a dark espresso brown color?

I'm interested in the the Hudson Satchel. This will be my first Brahmin bag. How do you like this brand?

Brahmin is one of the BEST bags around. Very, VERY well made. And until recently one of the East Coast Companies to hold out sending their manufacturing overseas. (The other two companies were Dooney & Bourke and Coach). I like all three brands, but IMHO, Brahmin is superior, it really is!

Years ago I stumbled upon a Brahmin drawstring tapestry bag at Nordstroms and bought it. Used it off and on for years without any damage to the tight, well constructed tapestry. I eventually sold it (on eBay) and it's one of the few bags I've sold that I regret selling! I've looked and looked for it used on eBay and none have surfaced.

It really is an incredible product!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was drooling over the pecan color. I don't remember any red tones.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 badbadshopper said:

I have a friend who is a Brahmin addict and I wouldn't say her pecan bags look reddish. Cocoa is very dark.

She texted me back, she doesn't see pecan as having red tones either.

Happy shopping!

Thanks. I just posted the question about how dark the cocoa color is. I'm still undecided but I'll probably get the pecan. I really love the looks of this purse but I just can't decide on a color. I already have several darker brown bags but I do really like the looks of this one is both colors. Here it is in the pecan. Below is the cocoa.

Hudson Satchel<br>Pecan Melbourne
Hudson Satchel Cocoa Melbourne
Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

Q4U, thanks so much for your recommendation. I'm definitely going to get this bag...just as soon as I make up my mind on a color. sigh...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 cosmic1 said: I was drooling over the pecan color. I don't remember any red tones.

Thanks, cosmic1. I don't know why I have such an aversion to red undertones, but for some reason I really do. I'm leaning toward the pecan, as well.

Member Since 11/20/2008