Honored Contributor

Birks Didn't Work Out For Me :(

I ordered a water proof Birk set of flip flops and love them!

SO wonderful after working all day!

Birkenstock Unisex Honolulu EVA Sandal

I went to Dillards and tried on a regular pair of Birk sandals and the ridge around the sole doesn't work for me with the reg shoe!!!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Birks Didn't Work Out For Me :(

Sorry the Birks did not work for you....feet are different and no shoe will fit everyone.  I have lots of Birks and love them....a staple for me.  Glad you had luck with the water proof!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I went to Dillards and tried on a regular pair of Birk sandals and the ridge around the sole doesn't work for me with the reg shoe!!!  Smiley Sad

I love the water proof ones.  The regular ones are not comfortable to me.  However I do not wear my regular ones a lot.  I do know my friends who have them wear them all the time.  Maybe that is the difference.  Mine always feel hard maybe they are not broken in yet lol.  I wear the waterproof ones a lotSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 Some people prefer the "soft" footbed Birk, you might be one of them.

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I love the water proof ones.  The regular ones are not comfortable to me.  However I do not wear my regular ones a lot.  I do know my friends who have them wear them all the time.  Maybe that is the difference.  Mine always feel hard maybe they are not broken in yet lol.  I wear the waterproof ones a lotSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Way back when Sally Combs was the rep for Birkenstock on QVC, I was introduced to Birki's made by Birkenstock.  I never could wear the regular hard footbed because the toe bar hurt under my big toes, but the soft footbeds were a different story.  I found my perfect size, 37 Regular and never looked back.  I bought every pair I could find at the Q and once they were no longer offered, looked elsewear.  I still wear them today and still look for them on ebay and poshmark.  I was so sad when Birkenstock discontinued the Birki's line as no other shoe fit my foot so perfectly or were so comfy.  I recently tried a soft footbed Birkenstock and Papillio and neither fit me, even in the regular they were either too long or too narrow.  I really wish they had fit, since there are so many new styles available.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   Don't feel badly, they don't work for me either...or a lot of other people.  My right foot pronates badly.  I even had unsuccessful surgery on it to correct it in 1998.  Last year, I got a beautiful pair of teal suede soft footbed  Birkies. Wore them around the house all afternoon.  By evening I had a huge blister on the underside of my arch where it rubbed on the prominent arch of the shoe.  So much for the Birki experiment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach   Didn't you love Sally Combs with her "kick".... loved those presentations, so much fun and sass!

Honored Contributor

Re: Birks Didn't Work Out For Me :

Birkenstocks need to gradually be broken in and will form to the shape of your feet.  Instructions came with my first pair and   stated that you should just wear them around the house for a couple of weeks about 15 minutes at first then increase the time gradually.  After that they were the most comfortable footwear ever and I wore them nearly every day for 10 years at work.

Honored Contributor

I bought new Birkenstocks from my orthopedic  store just last week. Thank heavens for a knowledgeable and patient fitter.   We tried at least a half dozen shoes before we got to a style and size that worked on my feet.   And even them he encouraged me to wear them at home to make certain they worked.   (10-day return policy, but it's local so that works well)

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@sunsetbeach   Didn't you love Sally Combs with her "kick".... loved those presentations, so much fun and sass!

Absolutely!  I loved her clothes, her attitude, she was such a breath of fresh air!  I miss it around the Q these days.