Respected Contributor

Birkenstock is offering a pretty good selection now on QVC.  I purchased a few pairs of Birkenstock "back in the day" when Sally Coombs (?) was the vendor.  She was quite colorful, for those days.  Today she would be rather tame.  Anyway, I still have a few pairs of those Birkenstock.  The ones I have are the closed toe, clog style.  They were very well made and still have a lot of wear left in them. 

Regular Contributor

@maximillian 

I just noticed that today also.  I have several pairs of Birks from back in the day with Sally Combs(?).  They used to have such cute styles and SUPER prices.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks @maximillian for posting this!

I've been wearing Birkenstocks since I was in my 20's! In fact, that's how I "found" QVC! We had moved and no one around carried any styles except the basics. I Googled them. 

The vendor was Claudia. I ordered 3 pairs from the website before I started watching the shows. 

I love mine, and I have quite a few. I also have black shoes that weren't available long. 

I have found other comfort shoes, like Alegria and Revitalign (Spenco), but I still wear my Birks.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I got a beautiful pair of soft teal suede Birkies with the soft footed a few years ago.  That arch support was so  high and hard that, after only a couple hours of wear around the house, I had a quarter-size blister on the underside of my arch.  Took them off and never wore again.

I have really bad pronation on my right foot.  I've even had unsuccessful surgery on it where I was in a wheelchair for 3 months.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

Monday (yesterday) I went into my local Beck's shoes and tried on various Birkenstocks. 

I have wide feet and Becks carried  them. The arch support was too high and hard for me. I wanted to purchase a pair. They were $139.50 a pair. 
Instead I purchased a pair of SAS sandals,  $199.95 a pair. All leather and comfortable, no break in time.

Yes, they look like old lady shoes, my feet are happy!

I remember when the soft footbed was offered, are you saying even the arch is hard and high?

Respected Contributor

@AlsaceGal 

SAS shoes are overall my favorite brand of shoes.  In a former lifetime, I was a school teacher and I was on my feet for hours on end.  A local owner of a local shoe store introduced my feet to SAS shoes.  From then on, that was my "go to" brand for everyday wear and working as a teacher.  They are well made and last a long time too.  At one time all of them were made in San Antonio, Texas.  I'm not so sure that is still true, but at least a lot of them are made in the U.S.A.  The prices are high, but the quality is good.  

Respected Contributor

@Beammeupscotty wrote:

@maximillian 

I just noticed that today also.  I have several pairs of Birks from back in the day with Sally Combs(?).  They used to have such cute styles and SUPER prices.  

Lol, Sally Combs sold me a lot f Birkenstocks too!  I know I still have a few pairs.😃🌸

I love watching her as the representative.  She seemed fun.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere 

Sally had long, long hair.  I believe it was real hair, not extensions.  She always wore a necklace with the "Peace" symbol from the 1960s culture days. She would talk about being from Minnesota and give us a little example of her Minnesota accent. When she got wound up, she would demonstrate her high kick!  She was fun, but she was a good vendor in that she would give pertinent information, describe the footbed and materials well and do a good job promoting the Birkenstock line.  Then, all-of-a-sudden she was not the vendor and someone else stepped in to the position.  Later, Sally became a vendor for a different line of products, but I don't remember what it was.  Then she just faded away from QVC. 

Respected Contributor

@maximillian 

Yes, I believe Sally's hair was all hers too.  She's the perfect example of the word hippie in my mind lol.😃🌸

Honored Contributor

Re: Birkenstock on QVC

[ Edited ]

@AlsaceGal wrote:

@Kachina624 

Monday (yesterday) I went into my local Beck's shoes and tried on various Birkenstocks. 

I have wide feet and Becks carried  them. The arch support was too high and hard for me. I wanted to purchase a pair. They were $139.50 a pair. 
Instead I purchased a pair of SAS sandals,  $199.95 a pair. All leather and comfortable, no break in time.

Yes, they look like old lady shoes, my feet are happy!

I remember when the soft footbed was offered, are you saying even the arch is hard and high?

@AlsaceGal.  Yes, I have flat feet and the arch felt like a boulder.  I recently bought two pairs of fisherman's sandals. One at Macy's.   One pair of Orthofeet and one Easy Spirit.  Both are well padded and have a mild arch support and both have real buckles.  Both very comfortable.

I wore SAS shoes for years, especially those 3-strap sandals.  They've gotten too expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment