Respected Contributor

My DH just surprised me with two new pairs of Birkenstocks :

Antique Lace -Mayari Toe Loop:  such a pretty neutral color for summer.

Rose Gold - Arizona Soft Footbed:  a color I've been wanting for awhile.

There was no special occasion.  He just said he knew how much I love my Birkenstocks and wanted me have some new ones.  I am thrilled.

Super Contributor

What a sweet husband!

Trusted Contributor

I like that antique lace color, have it in the Gizeh thong style. Finally they had a lighter color version, I was waiting for years for such aa color because the rest look so dark against my skin.

Honored Contributor

Well, he's definitely a keeper!  Most men would hardly notice what their wives were wearing, let alone take the time to buy something.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a nice surprise!  I'm impressed he knew your shoe size.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trudey  You've got a good man! A man who knows how to treat his wife well. 

My then fiance bought my first pair of Birkenstocks. Knew he was the one before he gave me the sandals in the late 1960's. Isn't it delightful that they know us so well and care enough to give us such a loving, thoughtful gift for no reason? Smiley Happy

Those sandals were my favorite gift from my husband; not the expensive jewelry or artwork for birthdays or holidays. He found something I really have LOVED for decades (and completely surprised me!) and continue to buy for myself long after his death.

Wear them in good health!! You have a romantic and a sweetHeart !

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I recently bought my husband a new pair of his favorite well-worn Birks.  We are both old-time Birkie lovers....always a treasured gift.  @Trudey Enjoy those new comfy shoes!

Honored Contributor

@Trudey - What a wonderful surprise! I've been wearing Birks since I was 23, and I have a bunch. I'm wearing my navy Sydneys right now. Your Arizonas sound beautiful, and the soft foot bed is my favorite one! Enjoy your new shoes!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

He’s a keeper! Enjoy your new shoes.

Respected Contributor

It was such a sweet surprise.  He went to a local surf shop, where I had bought a pair of Birkenstocks earlier this year.  He knew my size was 38.  The young lady that helped him remembered me and recommended a narrow in the Arizona...perfect fit.  She told him that she was adjusting the straps for what she though would be a good fit.  Now that's a great sales person.  Keep in mind that I had only visited that store once and bought one pair of Birkenstocks.