Valued Contributor

Nordstrom Rack is currently selling discontinued Birkenstocks at 40% off.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix

Thank you. Hautelook had a few more styles also.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  Yesterday was a sad day.  I have a pair of Birkis that I really liked.  They were the thin strap (only 2 straps).

They were a pure green color.  No designs, just green.  I'd barely worn them.  Got them (and all my Birkenstock) from QVC back in the day.

Anyway, I was searching for them in the big bins and found one shoe messed up.  The footbed was black and it was bent upward.  So weird, just one shoe.

So, I figured I'd straighten it out as I couldn't wear it like that.

I got it wet (the footbed) and put it under one of my cases of water.  That's straightened out the shoe but the footbed was just as black still (just one shoe).

But.....it shortened the shoe.  The cork I guess shrunk and the shoe was at least 1/2 to 1 size too small!

I had to throw them in the trash.  So sad.....

Respected Contributor

Thank you.  I've been getting some of the older styles via HSN.  So happy!!

Honored Contributor
My favorite pair of Birkis I bought from QVC years ago...I learned the hard way that nothing good happens by getting the shoe wet!
Respected Contributor

My niece says these are not feminine enough. I wound up donating them to Goodwill as they also werent comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

I have around 30 pairs of Birkies, Birkenstocks, Betula and I love all of them - sooo comforable and stylish.

Right now, I'm wearing a black patent leather - 3 strap Birkie.

Honored Contributor
I only have one pair. I don’t wear them very often- lifestyle issue - just not appropriate footwear for most occasions. But I do like them and glad I bought them.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Birkenstock Ladies

[ Edited ]

Just splurged on my first pair .For sure the most I have ever spent on any shoes. One look at the Arizona lined in genuine shearling sandal- had to have it! I am a sandal girl living in NJ, so these will extend sandal season for me through the fall!

You can have all the boots you want. I am all about my sandals.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Birkenstock Ladies

[ Edited ]

I love Birkenstocks and have worn them for a long time. Over the years I have had various styles, some Betulas, but right now I am down to 2 pairs. Tobacco Leather Arizona and recently purchased the Arizona eva in Khaki for the beach. Light weight and comfy - plus fairly inexpensive for Birks and perfect for water and sand. My next pair will be the taupe suede Arizona original footbed but my local Birkenstock store did not have my size and waiting for them to get back in stock. May have to order on-line.

My one complaint is that Birkenstock now has many styles available only in the soft footbed or narrow. I know they are capitalizing on the current popularity but in the Arizona suede for example there are several colors that are soft footbed only - original footbed has only 2 colors. I would probably buy more pairs if they made them avaiable in the original footbed.