Respected Contributor

Are they hard to walk in? Not riding often but he says i need good boots with grip.  also protect from heat from the pipes he says.

thinking leather, waterproof boot with sturdy sole. at most a 1.5 " heel. 

i have Ugg and Barepaw but the soles are so flat. i cant walk in those my foot slips out.  

Honored Contributor

I was married to a motorcycle man for many years. We both bought Red Wing moto boots. They are comfortable and are made to last. Red Wing has their own retail stores plus they do all of their own repairs and adjustments if you need that. The boots are pricey, however, but you will have them for a lifetime. Best thing to do is go to their store

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was married to a motorcycle man for many years. We both bought Red Wing moto boots. They are comfortable and are made to last. Red Wing has their own retail stores plus they do all of their own repairs and adjustments if you need that. The boots are pricey, however, but you will have them for a lifetime. Best thing to do is go to their store

@SilleeMee   thanks!  there's actually one nearby.  

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @CatsyCline 

Good luck and I hope you will find some boots that you'll love.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Biker Boots?

[ Edited ]

JaminLeather dot com is a good source for accessories. For boots, I'll second the Red Wing suggestion. You need a windproof jacket even when the temperature is in the 60s. 

Bugs and leaves stick to thick, glossy lipstick.

Have fun. It's impossible to be depressed on a bike.

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline 

This boot is a  like a biker boot style from eons ago. They are comfortable with a good solid sole and leather

Alegria Leather Warm Lined Lace-Up Boots - Ari

Respected Contributor

Re: Biker Boots?

[ Edited ]

@skatting44   Cute boots for sure, but real motorcycle boots have abrasion resistant leather to deal with pebbles, gravel, etc.  

****I just checked the Wolverine website (everything 25% off). There's a rancher aztec wellington work boot that might be good, but almost sold out.

Respected Contributor

I'm not recommending these, but they certainly yanked my chain. Justin Gypsy Mandra. 

boots.png

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline .............Since I have had my own bike years ago and ridden on many.  I would suggest buying a good leather boot with a tall shaft.  The Harley Davidson brand comes to mind, they are pricey but worth it.  Biker boots may have changed in recent years and my have orthopedics in them.  They didnt back in the day, or you could buy some and and put in them.

The boots are not just to look cool although thats a plus, just in case of an accident the heavy leather just might save your ankles and feet from severe injury.

Have fun,  I miss my biker days and my bike.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

Good leather boots with a tall shaft are the best.  I wore a pair of Frye boots for 30 years and they didn't wear out because all I did was wear them to ride.  The most wear and tear they got was from shifting gears.  Non slip bottoms are important too.  They keep your feet on the foot pegs and keep you stable when you stop.........even if you're a passenger.