Honored Contributor

Big fat white soles / black shoes

[ Edited ]

I bought these at JCP - they arrived the other day and I'm wearing them around the apartment to "break them in" before I do any "real walking."  I had to put a gel lift in the heels because the heel cup is rather deep for my feet, but otherwise - good fit.  They seemed very heavy at first, but feet only needed about an hour or so to become comfortable.  (I need to put a gel lift in most of my shoes.)

I liked how this style looked in pictures - but in real life I'm not so excited about them.  The white was just a bit too much.  So ... I took some black leather dye and painted the white black.  

They took the dye kind of mottled, but it doesn't look so bad on my feet.  The snake skin texture of the top of the shoe sort of offset the odd dye job.

They were on sale for $26 .... Arizona Symphony Sneakers.  Reg. $60.

ETA:  I bought these Arizona sneakers in the snakeskin - but the white soles look perfectly okay. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Big fat which soles / black shoes

Ive avoided shoes that look like that.  I'm afraid they look too big and clunky on my size 11 feet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Big fat white soles / black shoes

@ALRATIBA 

They look absolutely perfect for all of today's styles!  I hope you enjoy rocking them!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of the big white soles either.  It sure is popular right now though.  I'm glad the shoes are comfy for you, @ALRATIBA.

Esteemed Contributor

I look like frankenstein if I wear something like that......LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I wear a size 10&1/2 or 11 too.

They’d make my feet looking like I had on 2 boats.

I’d see really cute shoes then try them on and ....well if my friend was with me she’d start laughing ( she wears a size 7 & 1/2).

I’d say “Well I have my answer.”  Ha!

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of white soles with a contrasting color shoe.  Last summer I bought craft paint at Michael's and changed the white soles to rose gold, navy and black on respective color shoes.  It took 2-3 coats and a lot of patience with a teeny brush, but they came out beautifully.  I put a clear coating over the color and had zero chips all summer.

The navy was the most difficult to get a good match.  I kept adding black to the navy, drop by drop, until I was satisfied with the color.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 

What a great idea!  Thanks for sharing.  Definitely going to try it.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of those thick white sole sneakers.  I bought them and used permanent paint pens (not water-based) to paint what looks like a garden with wildflowers popping up all around.  Then used a clear matte spray finish to seal it. 

🌺 🥀 🌼 🍃 🌻 🌷

Honored Contributor

I think they are very cute but I cannot wear those ones with the really heavy soles like that!  I do, however, like the look of the dark  sneaker with the white sole.  For me, though, I have to have a regular sole. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin