Esteemed Contributor

Beware Naturalizer Amabella slide sandal

Beware the Naturalizer Amabella slide sandal in the style with the shiny faux leather footbed. They squeak horribly and do not have a removable footbed. They may be comfortable but the only solution to fix them was to use strips of moleskin on the footbed so my feet wouldn't be vacuum sucked to the shiny footbed which then made noise when I walked in them. I see those sandals are on clearance on HSN and I think that Naturalizer is also still selling these sandals in their outlet shoe stores. So beware!

The baby powder solution to stop them from squeaking did not work either.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beware Naturalizer Amabella slide sandal

I wore these Naturalizer sandals today and they nearly gave me blisters on the sides of my feet. So I have decluttered them. The insoles aren't breathable fabric, they don't absorb sweat and that equals blisters. So don't buy these sandals!

Respected Contributor

I just gave away a Naturalizer sandal yesterday because of a similar footbed. I was so sore on ball of my foot. They don’t breathe and make my feet feel like they are on fire. Learned my lesson. I couldn’t add a liner as the top strap would have been too tight.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley 

I've noticed that Naturalizer as well as other brands under the Caleres corporate umbrella are cheaping out on the materials used in their shoes. I bought what I thought was a nice pair of Bzees Topaz knit slip on shoes at Winners (part of the TJX corporation) in Canada and the insole is flimsy and flat with just a small support under the arch. There's no heel support or any support from the insole which is about 1/8 of an inch thick foam. Those insoles felt worn out within a couple of weeks of wearing those shoes.

I pulled those insoles out and replaced them with a supportive pair of memory foam insoles that I bought at SoftMoc shoes.

I think a lot of shoes are made for stores like T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Winners, Nordstrom Rack, and other outlets and those shoes have corners cut on them. I've noticed Naturalizer sandals with stiff and scratchy leather uppers and unbendable footbeds with inferior insoles. I think you really have to examine shoes in person and look at them inside and out.