Trusted Contributor

Re: Best shoe for flat arches

I have not suffered from PF, but DH has.  I never want to get it!  Vionics are my go to.  I wear Vionic sandals and dress shoes. I have narrow feet, the Vionics have Velcro adjusting straps on the sandals. My latest pair of flats are from Zulily, grey suede pointed toe flats.  Good arch support.

Esteemed Contributor

I have done well with Earth Origins,Clarks, Ryka and Sketchers. I don't do wedges or rocker bottoms because of my knees.I think you really need to check the shape of the footbed to see how it is shaped and the pitch. This is what has worked for me. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your great input. I’ve been getting minimal relief with Vionic and sketchers, often adding my own orthotic. Orthotics are tricky, they seem to fit closed, deep, clunky shoes. I want something dressy. I have been using ABEO brand with better results, but they are quite expensive. I wish qvc would carry them so I could use easy pay. I wish you all the best with your foot issues. ❤️❤️❤️
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My natural arch support is minimal - I bit the $$$$ bullet a few years back and got custom orthotics. They dont fit with all my shoes, but when i know its going to be an active day i wear the shoes they work with. I can go for miles with zero angst then! Summer sandals are definitely birks for me, the cross strap styles support my foot best. No thong or single band styles for me.....Woman Happy