Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ballet Flat Reinvented byTieks

I have several pairs of ballet flats that I know I should never have purchased.  I can't wear them.  I need just a little bit of a heel.  My bunion will give me all kinds of problems if I wore a shoe that close to the ground! 

Ouch....

This flat shoe is very colorful and whimsy looking though if I could wear them, I probably would pass.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I love a good ballet flat, but I don't like the print on this pair. I've heard of this brand, but I've never purchased due to cost. 

Frequent Contributor

Check out Tieks on ebay.  Many are very worn, complete with dirt and sweat, and many over $100.  Yuck!

Contributor

I have bought a few pairs of Tieks either sold/returned all but 3 pairs. They are cute, made very well of Italian leather, but my feet only like being in them for no more than 2-3 hours. Some people can wear them for hours and hours, but not me. 

Tieks have a very loyal following.

If you purchase directly from Tieks, they have a wonderful return/exchange policy. If you want to sell them say on Facebook,they hold their value extremely well. On the limited edition Tieks, you can make a killing on reselling them.

They are cute, they are beautiful, they add a little something to casual and even dressier outfits. Tieks only sells full sizes, not half sizes.

They aren't for everyone, but there are a lot of people out there who own many, many of their pairs, some own hundreds of pairs.

They became really popular when Oprah featured them as one of her "favorite things" a few years ago.

I wish that my feet liked them because they are so darn stinking cute, well, maybe not the flowered one pictured above, but the regular leather ones.

Respected Contributor

Ugh.

Respected Contributor

It's weird, but I do quite well with much less expensive shoes. They look better, too.