Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

I know I bought mine from the Q because they had patterns that were never sold anywhere else. They sold really unusual prints not carried in stores or online.

@abbalulu, that makes sense.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

I had seen this only minutes ago so to everyone who posted, loviing Birenstocks, I do also.

I bought on qvc, about 12 years ago, 15 pairs. Over a period of 3 years.

Some were 2 from one show -the others, maybe 3, but I bought the better ones made of leather or suede and definitely MADE IN GERMANY. 

I had seen the others; (I believe) Birks called something starting with a letter ` 'P',  ..also from Germany. 

I know most of these shoes, here, are from another country and have no knowledge of the craftsmanship.

Why they discontinued Birkenstock has been a very often _asked_ question. I do 'very much' appreciate the Birkenstock shoe but believe the 12+ will be around as long as me..(?)

NAES

@NAES1

The Birki's starting with the "P" you mentioned is the Papillio line, just a litlle bit dressier than some of their more casual styles.

From Birkenstock's website:

Papillio

Retro look, plateau soles, exciting patterns or a metallic finish: Papillio is the chameleon-like fashionista among our brands. Unlike BIRKENSTOCK classics, Papillio includes heels from 2 cm to 4 cm in addition to flat sandals. The best part – no matter what heel height, all models have our comfortable footbed. Feminine, unique and comfortable – with Papillio you can have it all.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I'm guessing you Birkenstock gals are not aware that you can get them just about anywhere right?  You can buy them at Zappos as well as their own website.  If you needed them, why didn't you shop for them there instead of depending on the Q?

@itiswhatitis

Because they were much cheaper here on QVC vs. Zappos, Amazon and every other website that sells them, including ebay.

Believe me, I've checked every site that carries them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I'm guessing you Birkenstock gals are not aware that you can get them just about anywhere right?  You can buy them at Zappos as well as their own website.  If you needed them, why didn't you shop for them there instead of depending on the Q?

@itiswhatitis

Because they were much cheaper here on QVC vs. Zappos, Amazon and every other website that sells them, including ebay.

Believe me, I've checked every site that carries them.

@KingstonsMom, I hear that!  Would have never thought that the Q actually has something cheaper.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

I know I bought mine from the Q because they had patterns that were never sold anywhere else. They sold really unusual prints not carried in stores or online.

@abbalulu

I agree and they were cheaper here on Q than anywhere else.

I couldn't agree more.  Lost birkenstock, Maxx, and Kathy Van Zeland. all affordable.  Replaced with ridiculously expensive shoes and purses.

Contributor

Add me to the Bring Back Birkies fan club.  The Q had the best prices & I really miss the affordable prices.  Yes, Zappos has them, but about $40-$50 more per pair. I wore a pair of silver B's to both of my kid's weddings.  I was going thru PFaciitis & they were the only shoes I could wear.  Fun prints & really comfortable sandals.  I still have about 6 pr, but they eventually wear out.  Dump the junk you are currently selling & bring back the comfy Birkenstocks.

Honored Contributor

The offerings from Birkenstock on HSN is limited and no real leather uppers. The selection and sizes on the web are limited also, even from the birkenstock/ usa site. I just got a pair of the Amalfi Black Leather Arizona soft foot bed sandals from Footprints today for 135.00 with free S&H. I wonder if the Q doesn't carry Birkenstocks simply because they can't get them in the quantities they need.

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom-

Honored Contributor

@geezerette  These are the real thing from Germany.  I ordered 3 prs and I'm looking at them all right now as they arrived today.  All legit from the real German company.

All are the perfect fit and look great!  I'm thrilled to be able to add new Birkies to my collection.  I bought a pr of silver sparkles (and they do!), a pr of snake in cream and a pr in the snake black, both are very irridescent, LOVE all three colors!

Those that were marked 'made in china' were not and never will be the originals from Germany.  There are many knock-offs and they scream it too.