Frequent Contributor

B Makowsky sold the brand years ago to a big Chinese company, Li & Fung, who couldn't sustain the brand. Bruce made a ton of money, not such a great deal for Li & Fung

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/18/2015 lcmel said:

B Makowsky sold the brand years ago to a big Chinese company, Li & Fung, who couldn't sustain the brand. Bruce made a ton of money, not such a great deal for Li & Fung

Yup, and Li and Fung spun off that part of their company and call it Global Brands Group. If you google them you can see the brand names they own or that they are licensed to manufacture for. No wonder you see a lot of that stuff at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Winners in Canada.
Honored Contributor
On 2/11/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

We were inundated with B Mak bags for a couple years, and a lot of the styles were redundant.

Now, we're being inundated with Oryany and Dooney bags.

I wonder what's next ... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

That's it in a nutshell. Q just beats the same products to death, until the quality is gone, and the market is so saturated no one wants it. More variety and a little moderation on Q's part in their programming would be nice.

Respected Contributor

I have a BMak that is perhaps the most supple leather of all my handbags. Superb craftsmanship - and I got it on clearance at Marshall's!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

Did anyone see on tv the house he built in , I think it was CA,? You can see where all the big money people spent buying his bags has gone.

The house was listed for $85. million and sold for $77. million.

Super Contributor

You can get his stuff at outlets for a fraction of the price!

Regular Contributor

I wish QVC would bring LeSport Sac hand bags. I have several at the moment I am using the black patent one and I just love it so much.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't most of all of his and Kathy's businesses and homes go into receivership ?

Thought I read that in some newspaper?

Anyway, I personally am glad he is gone because I didn't think he was all above board. I also thought his bags were way too expensive and he was on a huge ego trip.

However, it would be delightful if QVC would welcome in more vendors and stop clinging to a few favorites. I love variety !

Honored Contributor
On 4/20/2015 mominohio said:
On 2/11/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

We were inundated with B Mak bags for a couple years, and a lot of the styles were redundant.

Now, we're being inundated with Oryany and Dooney bags.

I wonder what's next ... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

That's it in a nutshell. Q just beats the same products to death, until the quality is gone, and the market is so saturated no one wants it. More variety and a little moderation on Q's part in their programming would be nice.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And not just with bags, either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Check out A216757 it's on LAST CLICK for only $122.00.