Valued Contributor

Arriving late for the pillow slides party

I thought of ordering a pair last summer, then didn't, and forgot about them for a few months. But I'm trying to catch up now and just ordered these from Amazon:

I'm already wearing the blue ones, by Cushionaire, that are in the Birkenstock Arizona style. Boy, they are so comfortable I haven't worn any other shoe for 4 days. (I'm your basic stay-at-home type and it doesn't matter to the rest of the world what's on my feet.) The white/black ones are on their way. Can hardly wait! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Arriving late for the pillow slides party

They look comfortable.  I hadn't seen these before.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

They look very comfy and soft, but my question is -- are they all like a rubber material?  If so, don't your feet perspire a lot in them?  I have to wear sneakers all the time with my prescribed orthotics, but at times when I'm just lounging about I need a quick something to slip on and something like these might be good, but if they are all rubber or plastic, I'm not sure if I would like them.  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Never heard of them ,until seeing this ,i am going to try them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

... are they all like a rubber material?  If so, don't your feet perspire a lot in them?

Feet do perspire some but they're easy to slip on/off, like when I sit down, so feet and shoes air off quickly. The buckle style from Cusionaire is obvs more open, and I chose the 2nd pair not just because I liked the contrast but they also have little side cutouts that let a bit of air in.

They keep me a bit higher off the ground but not like a regular platform sandal, which I am afraid of at my age. The added width also lends some stability. I nearly destroyed myself when wearing a pair of Alegrias with that darned cantilever bottom (donated all of them). These are good for my yard and garden work as well and if I do go out where I have to walk on pavement, my feet are insulated & well above it. The ground is very hot here. 

Another plus is my right foot has some arthritis and I don't even notice it when wearing these. Cushy, yet supportive. I saw them cheaper on Zulily before, but as I wasn't sure about sizes, I chose Amazon because of easy free return policy (unlike some places.)

You may want to give them a try!

Regular Contributor

They really are like walking on marshmallows.  I wish they made them in narrow widths.  I sized down but my foot still fell through the front.

Honored Contributor

Mine came last week,they are so so soft,cushion on your feet

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I decided to give these a try & ordered the Mocha.  I thought the thick smooshy sole might make them hard to walk in, but it's fine & they're very comfortable.  I wear them with quarter socks around the house, because I can't stand wearing any shoe but a thong sandal with bare feet.  I think I'll order the Bright Blue next.  Thanks to whoever posted about them.