Regular Contributor

Are You A Half Size Shoe And Buy Alegra?

I am older but the Alegra shoe looks so comfortable and I have such tender feet I cannot wear a heel. I wear a size 7 and a half and don't know what size to order. In Birkenstocks I wear a 38. If you are a half size do you go by the Alegra chart and if so do they fit? Any help would be appreciated. I do not like returns.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A Half Size Shoe And Buy Alegra?

@Stardust2

I own both brands.  I am a 6.5 and I wear a 37 in both.  I think Alegrias run a bit smaller than Birkenstocks, so if you are looking at clog styles you might find that they feel shorter than your Birkenstocks.  

Valued Contributor

I am a true 7.5 and can only wear some of the Alegrias in size 37, specifically the Kleo, and the ones with the higher soles.  The size 38 is just too long and the arch doesn't hit in the right place.  I love the feel of the Alegria insole but fit is difficult for me, neither size is a perfect fit.  The only thing you can do is buy one in each size to see if it works for you.  I recommend doing so at Zappos, free shipping and returns.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wear the size that corresponds to my regular shoe size unless it's an open toe sandal, then I go down a size.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wear a 40 in Birkenstock (due to some long toes LOL), but a 39 in Alegria.

That's why I think Alegria runs longer, so you should be fine in your regular size 38.

Your feet will love the arch support and cushioning.  8)

Honored Contributor

Having experienced few pair of Alegra I'll share with you the reason for my returning every single pair including the last TSV. First of all shoes make oddest sound!!! Some will say take the sole out sprinkle baby powder in the shoe, in desperation tried the suggestion against my better judgement! Result made no difference! Special effects! Existed afterwards. For the price no sound effects are justified. Not knowing your feet or if you have issues? These shoes are heavy on my feet and by the end of the day my tired feet truly hurt. Found brand here on Qvc called NATO slightly higher than Alegra worth it. Truly gave Alegra a chance. No more. If you do order and for any reason shoes don't work Qvc gives thirty days to return. Goodluck!
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Perhaps you mean "Naots"....they are some of the most comfortable shoes I own.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  Perhaps you mean "Naots"....they are some of the most comfortable shoes I own.  

Thank you for correcting. Yes! Very comfortable. New to the line appreciate Qvc bringing this line to us. Thanks again.💗
Trusted Contributor

I bought a pair of Alegra mules, but to me they're not real comfortable like my Clarks.  Cute though!

Esteemed Contributor

Zappos has these shoes - u can read the reviews. Just google the name of the shoes and type reviews at the end.