Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I have 2 pairs of Mini Bailey Buttons and a pair of Adirondack IIs (for wearing in snow) and I LOVE them.

Be aware that many UGG boots are not "winter-proof," however... don't expect to have good traction on ice/snow unless you get something like Adirondack. I came to a hard realization of this last year when wearing my Mini Bailey Buttons and slipped and fell on my bum! My pride was hurt more than my bottom, though. Smiley Happy I will still wear them - I'll just be more careful selecting which days to wear them! They are FANTASTIC for cold weather and I highly recommend them.

Frequent Contributor

Yep. I love them. Don't care if others don't! I wear mine the entire fall/winter.. I have a bunch of styles including slippers.
Frequent Contributor

I love Uggs and have quite a few pairs (boots, moccasins and slippers). One caveat though, I don't wear them in snow/ice. But they are super comfortable and warm for chilly/cold weather.
Contributor

I was never into them but last winter I found one in Tjmaxx for a very reasonable price so I got a pair. I wore them all winter long. Love them!!!

Honored Contributor

Uggs are worth it. They are breathable and very warm. They are also extremely comfortable. On really cold days, this is what I wear.

All the shoes in the list have one thing in common. They are flat. The way men look at shoes for women are sexual in nature. Uggs are flat and thus undesirable from a man's point of view. Men like high heels. They straighten a women's posture, but pushes out the breast and rump. They lengthen the legs. They show a trim ankle. Women can't run in them. They can't really make long strides in wearing them. So it's no wonder high heels have such an appeal to men. Uggs (and all flat shoes) are worn for comfort.

Valued Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Kzeks said:

Men, don’t judge your woman’s footwear unless you’ve walked a mile in her heels.

A new poll has found that most men actually pay attention to the shoes women wear — and have strong opinions about the ones they hate.

The organization surveyed 2,103 American men and found that 71 percent of them despised wedge shoes the most. UGGs and Crocs followed closely behind in second and third place. According to the men, the least attractive footwear styles wer:

:

1. Wedge (71%)
2. UGGs (67%)
3. Crocs (63%)
4. Platforms (58%)
5. Flip flops (55%)
6. Moccasins (49%)
7. Mary Janes (42%)
8. Ballet shoes (37%)
9. Kitten heels (34%)
10. Sneakers (25%)

Women, of course, responded strongly to the poll.

"What the?? Who doesn't love a wedge?!" tweeted NBC's Mara Schiavocampo.

I don't believe this poll because Birkenstocks didn't make the cut!!! They are comfy, but they sure are ugly. Don't shoot the poster, I used to wear them all the time for the comfort out gardening.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Respected Contributor

Definitely worth the price. They are very warm and one of the most comfortable footware items that I own. Many other boots that I own aren't very comfortable and can't wear them for an extended period of time like the UGG's that I own. My hairdresser even wears them all day.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Cookie06 said:
On 9/20/2014 Kzeks said:
<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> Men, don’t judge your woman’s footwear unless you’ve walked a mile in her heels.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> A new poll has found that most men actually pay attention to the shoes women wear — and have strong opinions about the ones they hate.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> The organization surveyed 2,103 American men and found that 71 percent of them despised wedge shoes the most. UGGs and Crocs followed closely behind in second and third place. According to the men, the least attractive footwear styles wer:

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> :

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> 1. Wedge (71%)<br /> 2. UGGs (67%)<br /> 3. Crocs (63%)<br /> 4. Platforms (58%)<br /> 5. Flip flops (55%)<br /> 6. Moccasins (49%)<br /> 7. Mary Janes (42%)<br /> 8. Ballet shoes (37%)<br /> 9. Kitten heels (34%)<br /> 10. Sneakers (25%)

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> Women, of course, responded strongly to the poll.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> "What the?? Who doesn't love a wedge?!" tweeted NBC's Mara Schiavocampo.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;">

I don't believe this poll because Birkenstocks didn't make the cut!!! They are comfy, but they sure are ugly. Don't shoot the poster, I used to wear them all the time for the comfort out gardening.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Ha ha ha ha ha ... My daughter said the same thing...

Respected Contributor

Warm but absolutely no support.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Are Uggs worth the price ? I guess not, I have 3 pairs of Uggs , Maylin, Clovis and a smooth leather pair called Tatum. I purchased all of the styles on sale at 6PM, all at least half the original price. I love these boots, very warm and comfortable.

I also wear Emu boots styles Otway and Alba again purchased on sale at Bon Ton, and they are just as nice as the Uggs. Living up North with severe winter weather these boots keep my feet very warm, but I do not wear these in deep snow and slush. I've treated the boots with spray and all of them look brand new. In snow I have Ulu Akna that I wear, very warm and waterproof.

I love my Uggs and Emus but would shop sales at 6pm ,Zappos, Amazon, Dillards before I pay those high prices on these boots.