Valued Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

On 10/7/2014 songbird said:
On 10/7/2014 KringleB said:

IF YOU WANNA WEAR DEAD SHEEP ON YOUR FEET GO FOR IT

Nothing as warm as dead sheep on your feet. Love it. I wear dead cows too. And the other day I murdered a plant. Ripped it violently from it's roots.

Hahaha. Awesome response.
Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 KNEEDY said:

Ordered a pair of very cute gray Bear Paws from hsn. Really wanted to hate them, loved them. Not cheap but not Ugg expensive.

The Bear Paws are cowhide uppers with bonded wool blend lining, the only part that is actually sheepskin is the foot bed.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I bought a pair called Boo Roos, lastyear. I think I like them better and I think they are waterproofed. If you are really not going to wear them much or just as house shoes, get less expensive ones.

I have worn the hole in the toe on one pair of Emus and of course, the wind and ice go right there to that spot. Had to trash them.

Respected Contributor

I have been a hold out because I think the basic style is pretty ugly. I bought a pair of Emu wedge ankle boots last year on clearance from hsn, and just bought a pair of Emu basic style low boots in chocolate. I have to admit they are so warm and feel just cuddly on your feet. My feet do not get hot in them. I added a pair of birkenstock half insoles under the removable fleece insole for better support and because the boots are a little wide on me. The wedge ankle boots have the real fleece lining and are amazingly comfortable. I also have a pair of Eddie Bauer sheepskin open back house shoes that are super. I treat all my sheepskin with the Ugg waterproofing spray to increase the water resistence. I have Boggs for nasty weather. I also just bought a black pair of the Costco Kirkland Ugg style boots....They are not the quality of the Emu boots but are still comfortable and cozy. I notice the biggest difference in the outer sole of the boots....the Kirklands are ok, but not as thick and well made as tbe Emus. I think the real fleece inside and better construction details separate the Uggs and Emus from the artificial fleece boots. I may try the Llamo boots when they are the Tsv, but I bought a pair of Llamo mocs for indoor wear, and they do not feel nearly as comfortable as the Emus. Truth is that I bought the Emu basic boots to slip on when my older dogs need to go out in the middle of the night and it is freezing outside....but will wear them more just because they are sooooo comfy. And yes, I like boots and have about seven pairs of boots.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

The new Kirkland ones aren't nearly as well made as the ones they've had in past years. Not sure who the new vendor is.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I love Uggs. I think real ones are worth the money. I have a few pairs of Lamo, etc., but Uggs are better. I think they are adorable! I have many pairs in many colors/styles, etc. I bought the new Juliette in camel and they are so cute! Love them!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I thought by now they had run their course. They seem so......passe. (JK9, so glad you said it, I didn't have the heart. Truth be told, I have always thought they were ugly, even when they were at the peak of fashion and every celebrity wore them.) They look like they should only be worn on the frozen tundra of Siberia !

Regular Contributor

Animal lovers Beware- UGGS are made from skinned sheep. You can Google UGGS and read about it. I read this and returned the ones I had been given by my husband on Valentines Day. So I then bought the Lamo ones.

This just bothers me.

Regular Contributor

Maltese momma-I'm with you on this. I could not by the real UGGS for the way they kill the sheep.

Esteemed Contributor

OP: for at home wear I would not buy Uggs for myself, although I have a pair that is at least 8 years old. I have bought the Kirkland brand short boots this year, Staheekun moccasins and W!cked Good slippers (variety of styles) from LL Bean. All are genuine sheepskin.