Trusted Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I have a question about the "skinning alive" thing. It doesn't make sense to me that they would do that in order to obtain the hide. I mean, wouldn't it be a lot harder to do it while the animal is alive? And what would be the purpose? I mean the hide wouldn't be any better.

I would like to know the source and authenticity of these claims. I haven't found any. I'm not saying there couldn't possibly be some psycho who could do such a thing but I can't imagine a business doing it especially if it makes the job more difficult and doesn't result in a better product; to the contrary it would probably make the product worse. Not that I would approve of it in any case but I can't imagine a business reason for making it more difficult.

The businesses claim these animals are used for their meat, etc. If we didn't use the hides for clothing/boots/accessories they would be tossed. That would be a waste. So until people stop eating meat the hides will be available for clothing/boots/accessories.

If a reputable source has proof I will NOT buy the Uggs I'm planning to purchase this year. I want to know for sure before I buy.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 KJPA said:

I have a question about the "skinning alive" thing. It doesn't make sense to me that they would do that in order to obtain the hide. I mean, wouldn't it be a lot harder to do it while the animal is alive? And what would be the purpose? I mean the hide wouldn't be any better.

I would like to know the source and authenticity of these claims. I haven't found any. I'm not saying there couldn't possibly be some psycho who could do such a thing but I can't imagine a business doing it especially if it makes the job more difficult and doesn't result in a better product; to the contrary it would probably make the product worse. Not that I would approve of it in any case but I can't imagine a business reason for making it more difficult.

The businesses claim these animals are used for their meat, etc. If we didn't use the hides for clothing/boots/accessories they would be tossed. That would be a waste. So until people stop eating meat the hides will be available for clothing/boots/accessories.

If a reputable source has proof I will NOT buy the Uggs I'm planning to purchase this year. I want to know for sure before I buy.

Pink, the singer has several video's out on this. I tried to go back and find the one I watched and couldn't find it. It is sickening so prepare yourself if you find it. Try entering in Pink, just give me a Reason Animal Ugg
That finally brought it up again for me. There are other video's but I found this one the best. It is on you tube but the original one I couldn't get back on. This one above I did find.... .. ....it's basically the same one I watched.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else has seen the video by Pink?

Respected Contributor

They're worth it to me.........love how warm they keep my feet.

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 hulagirl said:

They're worth it to me.........love how warm they keep my feet.

I am not against the killing of animals for clothing, food, boots, etc. I do believe some people take the killing of animals too far....just to let you know I don't agree with those who are dead set against it. It's just the way in which it is done on this particular video shocked me. I do intend to wear my dressier Ugg boots that I have.....I just don't think I will buy anymore. I have problems with circulation to my toes and I know how great it is when you find one's you like so I am not judging anyone else who still wants them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Moon River said:

Maltese momma-I'm with you on this. I could not by the real UGGS for the way they kill the sheep.

I buy Bearpaws now..and hope they're cruelty free! Whats wrong with the world?

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

I've had my tall ones for almost 10 years & my knit ones for 6. I just bought my GD a pair for Christmas & now they are featured in a magazine for winter. She loves them.