Super Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

On 11/2/2014 annabellethecat said:

As an unbelievable shoe lover (I own over 100 pair of Birkenstock's alone), I can tell you that, in my opinion with UGGS you are buying the name. I'm all about buying a name if it is worth it. A name used to mean that it was better quality, I don't find that true anymore.

My granddaughter has foot problems similar to what they show on QVC (only worse). My daughter has special inserts made for her (not easy since she's only 11 years old and already wears a size 8 1/2 and 9 shoe and continues to grow).

Anyway, the Dr who takes care of her feet told my daughter that those kind of shoes are terrible for a person's feet. Now I'd take that and say, "Sure, if you wear them several times a week". I don't know about you guys but I wear a lot of different shoes. As I'm working on my granddaughter doing. I recently bought her some Doc Martens shoes. She knows not to wear them all of them time (her inserts fit in them).

UGGS are worth the money if that's what you want. They aren't made any differently than the one's QVC sells. None of them offers much support.

If you want them and can afford them, get them.

I disagree. There is a difference in the quality between authentic UGGS and the TSV QVC sold recently.

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 tiamaria said:
On 9/20/2014 Kzeks said:
<h1 style="margin-bottom: 15px; color: #555555; font-weight: 300; font-size: 32px; line-height: 1em; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px;"> Poll reveals which women's shoes men hate most: wedges</h1>
<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> Men, don’t judge your woman’s footwear unless you’ve walked a mile in her heels.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> A new poll has found that most men actually pay attention to the shoes women wear — and have strong opinions about the ones they hate.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> That apparently starts with wedge heels, which topped the “the least attractive shoe trend” list compiled byCouponCodes4u.com.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> The organization surveyed 2,103 American men and found that 71 percent of them despised wedge shoes the most. UGGs and Crocs followed closely behind in second and third place.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> :

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> But here’s the kicker: 79 percent of those surveyed said they actually paid attention to what their partners wore on their feet. And more than half of those polled said they found their partner to have poor taste in footwear.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> "When asked whether or not they considered women to be more attractive if they wore ‘attractive shoes’, the majority, 93%, said ‘yes’ they were," the site reported, "while 64% of respondents also claimed they personally purchased shoe styles they liked for their partner."

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> Twelve percent of the men surveyed said they only noticed a woman's shoe choice "sometimes."

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> According to the men, the least attractive footwear styles were:

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> :

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> 1. Wedge (71%)<br /> 2. UGGs (67%)<br /> 3. Crocs (63%)<br /> 4. Platforms (58%)<br /> 5. Flip flops (55%)<br /> 6. Moccasins (49%)<br /> 7. Mary Janes (42%)<br /> 8. Ballet shoes (37%)<br /> 9. Kitten heels (34%)<br /> 10. Sneakers (25%)

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> Women, of course, responded strongly to the poll.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;"> "What the?? Who doesn't love a wedge?!" tweeted NBC's Mara Schiavocampo.

<p style="font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding-left: 0px;">

I am in shock that only 49% said moccasins!! And Mary Janes? Who wears Mary Janes?

I love Uggs, and think they are adorable. I also like ballet slippers if they are made well i.e. Vince Camuto and I like some kitten heels.

I own many pairs of Uggs, and I like them. The quality,though, isn't as high as they were 10 years ago. They are mainly made in China now. I buy them as they offer more colors than the knock offs, are better quality than most knock offs and have more styles. The first pair of Uggs I bought 20 years ago were not made in China and are still looking good.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Absolutely! I bought mine while living in the Kansas City area. They are warm and I used them for travel (used to do international a lot before I retired). They are some of the few pairs I kept when we moved to Hawaii and, believe it or not, I've even worn them here on occasion but not nearly as much as in KC.
Respected Contributor

Hi CalmnTheHeart.........in answer to your question about the UGGS being good with traction I say no they have no traction. I love my Uggs for the warmth but when there is ice or snow on the ground I wear a waterproof boot made by Merrill. They have a side zipper and are very easy to put on and take off and have a lot more traction than my Uggs. Also the Uggs have no support but I still love my UGGs.

Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 aprimo said:

I have never worn UGGs so I defer to the expertise of the other ladies here. Since you live up north, you will probably get plenty of chances to wear them and I wish you luck.

I live in Houston and I see women wear UGGs here every "winter". Honestly, I expect to see them start popping up any day now. The instant the temperature goes below 75 women here start pulling those things out. I have seen women wear UGGs with shorts when the temp is in the 70s! It looks absolutely idiotic. For that reason, the sight of the things practically makes me shudder.

I live in Boston and only wear my UGGs when it is cold out. I agree that wearing them in 70 degree weather with shorts would be ridiculous.

Super Contributor

Love this brand so much I often sleep in my Dakotas, they're so warm. I forget I have them on and wool socks leave marks on my ankles. I'm so tempted when I look at what's available other than the iconic eskimo boot style. I got the Charlotte this year. The lines were so unique with a western shootie twist to them. I really wanted the black snake version for dress. The equestrian line is so sleek and elegant looking. Love the oxblood combo and know I'll cave before the holidays. Something about them reminds me of TB they have a refined look as opposed to the more rustic styles with the oiled suede finish. Once you know the comfort you get spoiled by this brand. Looking at many of the styles from the outside gives no clue as too the Sherpa lining inside, they look like regular shoes. I can't feel chic unless I'm comfortable in my shoes, boots, whatever. I'd go nuts if Ugg started doing stilettos. They'd have a customer for life. They have an Italian group of boots with the wedge concealed, as well as equestrian. Beautiful, well designed brand all around. Get what you pay for I guess. Everyone has right to their opinion and think they might be overpriced, or not made as well as before, I'm always looking for the best product I can find for my feet. That's just me.

Valued Contributor

Yep, they are the best.....

Valued Contributor

Yep, they are the best.....

Esteemed Contributor

I have three or so pair of these boots and one pair of the slippers. I like them. They are not water repellent so I wear sporto or my lamo for that type of weather.

Honored Contributor

I admit, I have a pair of Uggs and was going to get another pair that were insulated and warmer for this winter. After watching a youtube video on how they treat and abuse the "merino" sheep to get this kind of wool....I just can't buy them now. If anyone is interested there is a youtube video that "PINK" introduces on this subject and I was dumbfounded at the cruelty shown to these sheep. It really opened my eyes up. I just didn't know it got this bad.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I edited this to add....in my opinion, they could have at least treated and killed these animals in a humane way. There is no excuse to make them suffer like this.