Honored Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I'm definitely an UGG lover. I have trouble with my feet and the real suede and real sheep wool inside is heaven. Even after you wear the wooly stuff down on the inner sole, you can buy inserts to replace them! I used to wear the Cloquettes all the time around the house, but changed to the short boots. I wear them all year round and never feel hot in them. I have worn the Saddle Brown color non stop for over three years now and haven't even had to buy the inserts. I have a pair of black and rose still in their boxes because I got them on sale and don't mind waiting to were them.

I think they wear like iron, are so incredibly comfortable, still look great, I can't say enough about them.

ALSO, Dillards always seems to have an UGGS sale right after Christmas (maybe even a little bit before). I was able to get both my "waiting" boots for about half price that way!

OH, I tried a tall shaft boot from Sam's Club once (about $40, real suede but a faux sheepskin interior) and there was NO COMPARISON. Awful compared to my UGGS. I gave away the Sam's Club pair and am an UGGS cheerleader ever since! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Good luck...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 KringleB said:

IF YOU WANNA WEAR DEAD SHEEP ON YOUR FEET GO FOR IT

.... there's actually no comparison, the real deal is by far superior. And remember, the materials they use for leather goods (sheep, cattle, pigs, etc) are all by-products of food consumption slaughter. If we didn't use them, they would be wasted. And what an awful tribute to the animal that lost its life by wasting any part of it.

/soapbox

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Of course they're not worth the price.......what is these days? But just ask my teen granddaughter if UGGS are worth the money -- she'll say of course they are: "I simply can't LIVE in 8th grade if I have to wear any boots but UGGS."

BTW, I bought myself a pair of imitation UGGS at Sam's Club for $30. They are a generic copy of my granddaughter's Bailey style UGGS. They have given me excellent service in snow, in slush, and in the mother of all ice storms. Of course my heart is broken because mine do not have that UGG name on the back of the heel -- how embarrassing!

Frequent Contributor

If you are going to wear them a lot then yes they are worth it. I had a pair that looked great for at least 5-6 yrs before I had to retire them. Last yr I bought the Lamo boot from QVC as a tsv. While it s cute and a great value, I got only 1 season out of them. And the true difference between real UGGS and the imposters is the fur lining. There is no comparison there - Uggs are superior with regard to the quality and feel of the fur lining.

Trusted Contributor

Oooooh! I just got my UGG Augustine over the knee corset lace sheepskin boots. They lace up, all the way up the back with thick, wide grosgrain ribbon! They are so chic. And the inside? - sheepskin all the way up . I LOVE these boots. They will join my other ten and stand on their own with the fox fur, lamb , suede and moto and multiply belted riding boots. I'm not looking anymore this year because there are just too many irresistible styles. Have you seen the stiletto heel leather high boots! If I could walk in them I'd have them too! --- and all my friends who are of a certain age, over sixty like me, what's holding you back from having stylish things. Don't you, after the trials ans sacrifices of this life, deserve to wear anything that suits your fancy? I've been through enough that somebody's opinion of what is proper for me has no validity!------- and to answer a question posed earlier, yes, I spray my suedes. I still spit shine my leathers using the hot gun if I can't get a mirror reflection just like I did my black BDU boots and I spray and brush my suedes just like I did my desert boots to keep them pristine ready to pass any surprise inspection. It's called self respect. Once respect for the uniform, now respect for the training and the time served and Lessons Learned! . HUA!
Occasional Contributor

Ordered a pair of very cute gray Bear Paws from hsn. Really wanted to hate them, loved them. Not cheap but not Ugg expensive.

Trusted Contributor

EMU is anothe Ugg type brand.. higher price like Uggs but def worth it.

Respected Contributor

On 10/7/2014 KringleB said:

IF YOU WANNA WEAR DEAD SHEEP ON YOUR FEET GO FOR IT

I went for it 16 times so far...and had they come in 11,it would have been 17 times. I loved those raspberry boots for breast cancer research. I love UGGS so much. They are totally worth every penny. My feet never get too hot or too cold. And yay don't wear socks...woohoo!! I treat then before wearing,and care for them properly.They last and last.
Frequent Contributor

I have had the same pair for five years and they are in great condition. I live in Massachussetts and it is worth it if you know what to expect. I wear them inside all the time in the winter, they are truely the only thing that keep my feet warm BUT I cant wear them outside in the rain, snow or slush, because they soak right through.

So I recommend them for keeping warm inside but not as your winter boots. Havng said that I do want to add that I buy new UGG insoles every year. They are about $15 per pair and like getting a new pair of boots every year. The insoles are so thick and warm I even buy a second pair and put them in my LL Bean boots that are my outside winter boots.

Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Cookie06 said:

I don't believe this poll because Birkenstocks didn't make the cut!!! They are comfy, but they sure are ugly. Don't shoot the poster, I used to wear them all the time for the comfort out gardening.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" {#emotions_dlg.lol} They may not be the most fashionable shoe around, but some of the styles are cute. I have a pair of black patent flecked with tiny gold specks and a pair of white patent that I have worn for dressy occasions, including a wedding by the pond! When we lived in the South, I LIVED in these when I wasn't working. I still wear them and I still love them! AND - they didn't make THE LIST! {#emotions_dlg.lol}