Honored Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I have UGGS and Minnetonka boots too. Both have natural shearling and both are equally warm. I prefer the Minnies because they are slightly more slender and less clunky looking.

Just stay away from FAKE linings. They don't keep your toes warm and they SMELL.

My cousin is a PA and gives Pap smears and internal exams at a university clinic. Sad but true, she says she can tell who is wearing real UGGS vs. fakes by the way their feet smell!

Super Contributor

<h1 style="margin-bottom: 15px; color: #555555; font-weight: 300; font-size: 32px; line-height: 1em; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px;"> Poll reveals which women's shoes men hate most: wedges</h1>

Men, don’t judge your woman’s footwear unless you’ve walked a mile in her heels.

A new poll has found that most men actually pay attention to the shoes women wear — and have strong opinions about the ones they hate.

That apparently starts with wedge heels, which topped the “the least attractive shoe trend” list compiled byCouponCodes4u.com.

The organization surveyed 2,103 American men and found that 71 percent of them despised wedge shoes the most. UGGs and Crocs followed closely behind in second and third place.

:

But here’s the kicker: 79 percent of those surveyed said they actually paid attention to what their partners wore on their feet. And more than half of those polled said they found their partner to have poor taste in footwear.

"When asked whether or not they considered women to be more attractive if they wore ‘attractive shoes’, the majority, 93%, said ‘yes’ they were," the site reported, "while 64% of respondents also claimed they personally purchased shoe styles they liked for their partner."

Twelve percent of the men surveyed said they only noticed a woman's shoe choice "sometimes."

According to the men, the least attractive footwear styles were:

:

1. Wedge (71%)
2. UGGs (67%)
3. Crocs (63%)
4. Platforms (58%)
5. Flip flops (55%)
6. Moccasins (49%)
7. Mary Janes (42%)
8. Ballet shoes (37%)
9. Kitten heels (34%)
10. Sneakers (25%)

Women, of course, responded strongly to the poll.

"What the?? Who doesn't love a wedge?!" tweeted NBC's Mara Schiavocampo.

Valued Contributor

Uggs are great however there are plenty of versions and brands of the same boots that are much cheaper. Why should you have to waterproof them if you are paying over $100 for a pair? I have 2 pairs (regular tall and the ""winter"" version with thicker soles for snow) and BOTH are NOT good in the wet weather. Considering I buy them to keep me warm in this weather yet they can't be worn in the snow or rain. If you step into a puddle with the regular Uggs they will get wet and so won't your feet. The thicker soles I got were better however my feet would still get wet if I had to walk in the snow. So are they really worth the price tag? I'd say no. I'd expect them to be able to be worn in the snowy cold weather and unfortunately they cannot. Also way too expensive to be ""just worn around the house"".

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the poll, Kzeks! As I read through the list, I wondered what's left?

I noticed that high heels and stilettos aren't on the ugly list. Those guys who were surveyed would probably go for the look of Louboutins, but I doubt most of them would pay the price!

Valued Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Kzeks said:
<h1 style="margin-bottom: 15px; color: #555555; font-weight: 300; font-size: 32px; line-height: 1em; font-family: ProximaNova, 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px;"> Poll reveals which women's shoes men hate most: wedges</h1>

Men, don’t judge your woman’s footwear unless you’ve walked a mile in her heels.

A new poll has found that most men actually pay attention to the shoes women wear — and have strong opinions about the ones they hate.

That apparently starts with wedge heels, which topped the “the least attractive shoe trend” list compiled byCouponCodes4u.com.

The organization surveyed 2,103 American men and found that 71 percent of them despised wedge shoes the most. UGGs and Crocs followed closely behind in second and third place.

:

But here’s the kicker: 79 percent of those surveyed said they actually paid attention to what their partners wore on their feet. And more than half of those polled said they found their partner to have poor taste in footwear.

"When asked whether or not they considered women to be more attractive if they wore ‘attractive shoes’, the majority, 93%, said ‘yes’ they were," the site reported, "while 64% of respondents also claimed they personally purchased shoe styles they liked for their partner."

Twelve percent of the men surveyed said they only noticed a woman's shoe choice "sometimes."

According to the men, the least attractive footwear styles were:

:

1. Wedge (71%)
2. UGGs (67%)
3. Crocs (63%)
4. Platforms (58%)
5. Flip flops (55%)
6. Moccasins (49%)
7. Mary Janes (42%)
8. Ballet shoes (37%)
9. Kitten heels (34%)
10. Sneakers (25%)

Women, of course, responded strongly to the poll.

"What the?? Who doesn't love a wedge?!" tweeted NBC's Mara Schiavocampo.

So are we supposed to wear stiletto's everyday? {#emotions_dlg.scared} Give me wedges and UGGS any day over tired, sore feet especially in the winter!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have two pair of Uggs. One are knee high that I've had over 8 years, the other pair is a knit I've had for 6 years. They do not wear out and still look great. The only ones I've found that even come close are LLBean.

Honored Contributor

DH works with a man from Australia and his wife gave me a pair of chestnut-colored Uggs a couple of years ago and they are wonderful....soft, warm, and very comfortable to wear for hours....

I already had a pair of Kirkland boots (Costco) that looked identical to them other than not having the label on the heel....my Costco ones look and feel just like the Uggs...so much so that I went back to Costco and bought a pair of black ones. Today I was there and they now have a shorter version of this boot for $ 29.99....it is 100% Australian shearling lined like the others. If you really must have the label, go for it!

I suggest trying a Kirkland pair first; if you don't like them it's no problem to return for a refund. I am told these boots are actually Uggs without the brand. They in no way look like many of the cheap knock-offs I have seen everywhere.

I shoveled snow in my Kirkland boots last year and my feet were warm and dry; I have not used any waterproofing spray on them.

Honored Contributor

I think the genuine sheepskin is definitely preferable over the synthetics that are often used. If you can find that in a less expensive brand, I'd go for it. I have a couple pairs of Uggs but don't often wear them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 wildcat fan said:

Loved the poll, Kzeks! As I read through the list, I wondered what's left?

I noticed that high heels and stilettos aren't on the ugly list. Those guys who were surveyed would probably go for the look of Louboutins, but I doubt most of them would pay the price!

I cannot remember the last time I wore stilettos... but I wear

high heels when I have to dress up... I wear walking shoes and

boating shoes to run around and sneakers only at a Gym... If I go

to a function that is on a lawn I wear wedged shoes...

Trusted Contributor

Probably not but I love mine, I have several pair of the short mini's including one that is silver and very glitzy . I have mine waterproofed, so I can wear them out and my feet don't get wet. I am very pleased with my purchase plus they keep my feet warm.