Regular Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I love my Uggs.............you can wear them without socks,which I've never done, but I do have an old pair I wear in the winter as houseshoes since I have to take my tiny Maltese's out to use the bathroom and they have lasted me FOREVER and feel GREAT! They seem to run a tad big for me. I even have black and red sequin ones..............I get more complimentson them!

Respected Contributor

Uggs are hideous, IMO. Sporto has great boots for harsh winters. They have waterproof and water-resistant ones. My feet have never been cold or wet in a Sporto no matter how bad the weather. They have wides, too, over at HSN. I'll be checking as they go on sale next spring, as my three pairs are going to need replacement. I've been wearing them for a while.

Contributor

If you want that type of boot, they are worth it. I have tried on knock-offs and none of them compare.

Frequent Contributor

I have Uggs and fuggs (fake uggs). I prefer my Uggs and I dress casually most of the time, so I feel like I get my money's worth out of them. I did purchase the Ugg kit with the special cleaner and protective spray. They are so warm in the winter. I have never had a problem with the toe area wearing out. People either love them or hate em. I like the minis best too. The tall ones look great on women with very long, thin legs.

Honored Contributor

I've bought the boots from Costco in the past but the current ones look cheap and can't possibly be from their original vendor which I believe was actually Ugg a long time ago.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

UGGs are worth thrice the price. The real ones are lined by long, fluffy sherpa, the real thing. it wraps around your toes, supports your arches . I live in Mountain country, the mile high city, and I can tell you truly, they keep you warm without socks up to -40 degrees, in snow, sleet, ice. The Australian branch has stylish versions, even heels, leather outers and they skimp on the sherpa on the legs in some styles but the traditional suede outside boots are sherpa from toe to brim. The first year I bought them I got the traditional suede, the ones with knit sock tops and legs and the fold over button style. Last year I went berserk and bought the fox fur in every color combination, grey, black and grey, browns, tans. and the long curly haired fur ( blanking on the name) and the short fur with leather or braided ribbon trim and tassels . I had to replace half of them because they went out the door, in my suitcase, and on my granddaughter's feet because she just couldn't live without them- you know the grandma press, batting of the curly eyelashes, gentle irresistible smile. Her mom said she wore them every day, a sophomore in high school. So that should tell you how chic and "in" they are. This year I went for the buckled mottos and western style boots (Australian) I,m waiting for the over the knee version to be restocked and I haven't seen the fur collection yet.

Yes, they are worth every penny many times over. I injured one foot,almost lost a toe, and broke the other one in a fall down the stairs. The only other shoe /boot I swear by is Birkenstocks. The real ones, leather everything real cork footbed Birkenstocks and Footprints. Their only rival may the Vionics, something new to me. But Vionics have no sherpa lining and their uppers leave something to be desired. Even my BDU boots were Birks! UGGs look alikes that I might have passed inspection with only came in brown that year.

Try them. Don't skimp, you'll have them forever. Its like a D&B All Weather Leather bag. You can't kill them and if you come close they'll fix them or replace them for you. As with everything nowadays there are fakes and they give UGGs a bad name but I can promise you, if you buy authentic UGGs you'll wonder why you haven't splurged before. I have never had a bare spot let alone a break through even in the UGGs made of sock-like material. They've literally saved my feet (took them a week to diagnose and brace the broken foot and the tech said the UGGs were better braces than the velcro material and splint ones the AF supplied). I wear the slippers, the big bulky fluffy inside ones, all the time. 4 years and they aren't even worn looking. Like everyone else has suggested. spray them, brush them when necessary and use a good foot powder if you insist. I've never had a problem with odor or uncleanliness.

There are some really good things on earth, soothing, comforting things that lift the spirits, UGGs are one of them. (A good cosmetics overhaul does wonders sometimes too)

ps: to those of you who are animal cruelty fanatics. I eat beef, and chicken and salmon and shell fish with my vegetables . I wear fur and wouldn't give them up for you or anyone else. I love Dooney and Bourke and Kors and Coach. And real UGGs ARE animal, not animal products like the dog and cat food you feed your pets. But they're sheep for the most part, and Jesus ate lamb. John the Baptist wore a camel hair coat and leather belt. The disciples's sandals were leather, their cloaks , animal fur. The first clothing God provided Himself was animal skins. He replaced Adam's fig leaves with what he thought they ought to wear. Good enough for Him, good enough for me.

Valued Contributor

I live in California near the coast where our winters are mild and I love them. I have several pairs. They are so worth the price

Esteemed Contributor

All the teens wear UGGS so I do not. They look cute on the kids, I would rather have a different look.

Contributor

Anything that keeps your feet that warm are worth it, but you can get boots comparable for much less. I have a pair from BJ's. They are identical to UGGs. If I put a tag that said "UGGs" on the back of the boot, you would not know the difference. They are real suede and lined with Australian sheepskin. Also there is a brand called "Bearpaw", which is also sold in BJ's and Macy's. They look exactly like UGGs. I would not buy UGGs if I can buy something that does exactly the same thing for less--which is keep my feet warm.

Contributor

Anything that keeps your feet that warm are worth it, but you can get boots comparable for much less. I have a pair from BJ's. They are identical to UGGs. If I put a tag that said "UGGs" on the back of the boot, you would not know the difference. They are real suede and lined with Australian sheepskin. Also there is a brand called "Bearpaw", which is also sold in BJ's and Macy's. They look exactly like UGGs. I would not buy UGGs if I can buy something that does exactly the same thing for less--which is keep my feet warm.