Honored Contributor

Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I'm interested in your thoughts on Ugg boots. I think the really short minis are appealing but hesitate to spend that on something I'll wear casually or to keep warm at home.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are UGG boots really worth the price?

I have ALWAYS loved UGG boots. Depends on where you live....in Chicago, when it's zero and below, I know my feet are warm. I have a long commute to drive daily, if I get stuck in the snow I need to be protected. They are soft and very warm.Smiley Happy. I know....expensive. I need to get a new pair myself this season. Do waterproof with the UGG spray.
Super Contributor

I like the tall ones and I have 5 pair. They are worth twice the price! : )

Honored Contributor

I don't think so. They are comfortable but be careful of the big toe area. I bought a pair last November and, as they suggest, I wore no socks. The next thing I knew, there was the beginnings of a hole. I called shoesonline where I purchased them and she said to sent them back and order a size up because that seemed to be a problem with Uggs. Well, I ordered a size up and because they are bigger, I have to wear socks and now my feet are hot. I can't say enough about the comfort, though.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Mustangshar said: I have ALWAYS loved UGG boots. Depends on where you live....in Chicago, when it's zero and below, I know my feet are warm. I have a long commute to drive daily, if I get stuck in the snow I need to be protected. They are soft and very warm.Smiley Happy. I know....expensive. I need to get a new pair myself this season. Do waterproof with the UGG spray.

I'm in Iowa and we have some nasty winters too...which is why I am thinking about buying a pair.

I bought a pair of Ugg slippers this spring at a huge close-out sale and have wondered if they were mis-marked because they were 75% off. They seem really nice and well made.

Respected Contributor

Costco sells Ugg-type boots. I read that they gets theirs from the Ugg company, even though they aren't called "Uggs".

Honored Contributor

I've always liked mine.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 9/20/2014 Mustangshar said: I have ALWAYS loved UGG boots. Depends on where you live....in Chicago, when it's zero and below, I know my feet are warm. I have a long commute to drive daily, if I get stuck in the snow I need to be protected. They are soft and very warm.Smiley Happy. I know....expensive. I need to get a new pair myself this season. Do waterproof with the UGG spray.

I'm in Iowa and we have some nasty winters too...which is why I am thinking about buying a pair.

I bought a pair of Ugg slippers this spring at a huge close-out sale and have wondered if they were mis-marked because they were 75% off. They seem really nice and well made.

You will adore them! I agree, if you are a 1/2 size, don't order down otherwise your big toe will wear it out.
Respected Contributor

I live in New England and love my Ugg boots. I have had no problems with mine. Be sure to waterproof them as others have mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Uggs too , but sadly, Ugg's are NOT cruelty free. Many animals are actually skinned alive.

Many imitations are sold that look and feel just like them. Please buy them instead.

QVC sells EMW and you cannot tell the difference.They are also half the price.