Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone know what happened to Alison Duncan from Tignanello?

Alison was a great vendor , she really presented so professionally but still enjoyable and pleasant especially if you love to see handbags

Super Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I miss her too. She was so pretty and dressed so nice. She was always very professional and informative. I also like Christy too.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

Isn't Tig owned by the same Chinese company that owns Makowsky? Those cost cutting measures of using part vinyl really hurt their image. I always had the feeling Alison worked for QVC. I hope they bring her back with another line.

Super Contributor

Some of these product representatives work for the brand (like Amy from Clarks and Liam of Orthaheel) and others are "professional on-air presenters." Megan who sells Genie bras and the epilators is an example of a "professional presenter."

I thought Alison actually held a position within the Tiganello company. If so, maybe she's working in that position and leaves the on air presenting to the other gal (who I happen to prefer because she looks just like a friend of mine!)

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Heart of Spade said:

Some of these product representatives work for the brand (like Amy from Clarks and Liam of Orthaheel) and others are "professional on-air presenters." Megan who sells Genie bras and the epilators is an example of a "professional presenter."

I thought Alison actually held a position within the Tiganello company. If so, maybe she's working in that position and leaves the on air presenting to the other gal (who I happen to prefer because she looks just like a friend of mine!)

I always enjoyed seeing Allison on the shows. At one time she was, or maybe still is, the head design director for Tignanello. She worked closely with Kathy V. and Bruce M. She is also a licensed attorney. It looks like Christy will continue to be the on-air spokesperson at QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 depglass said:

Isn't Tig owned by the same Chinese company that owns Makowsky? Those cost cutting measures of using part vinyl really hurt their image. I always had the feeling Alison worked for QVC. I hope they bring her back with another line.

Yes. It used to be Li and Fung, but last year changed the name to GBG USA. I did some research on this a few years ago. They own a lot of handbag companies and fashion labels now, although they haven't gotten to Coach and Dooney and Bourke yet! I just read they acquired Tommy Hilfiger, and I just bought one of his bags on sale! Had I known, I might have thought twice about it! At the time of the acquisition of KVZ and B Mak bags, they did retain Kathy as their company head designer.

Frequent Contributor

I wondered where she is and I also miss her.

Contributor

I went to Macy's today to touch and feel the tig bags so I would know which one to order on QVC.....and guess what? Macy's is discontinuing Tig bags. Tig really damaged a great line of bags when they cheapened the brand by using vinyl instead of leather. Guess QVC isn't the only one cutting tig bags.

New Contributor

I liked her too and wondered what happened to her. I know she had a law degree. Perhaps she's pursuing another career, or maybe decided to be a stay-at-home mom.