Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know if dooney leaving qvc ?

On 1/6/2015 happy housewife said:

One could only hope!

I agree.....I don't want them to totally leave, but I'd love more brand choices. If QVC is the department store to the world, show us everything!!

Respected Contributor

For those that would hope D & B would leave QVC, it's simple; don't watch.

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 hulagirl said:
On 1/6/2015 happy housewife said:

One could only hope!

I agree.....I don't want them to totally leave, but I'd love more brand choices. If QVC is the department store to the world, show us everything!!

The internet is the department store to the world. QVC is only a very small part of that.

Honored Contributor

While I admit to finding Dooney, like those other fifteen brands programmed excessively..., is on too often, it IS one of the few remaining brands offered on QVC in which I have some interest, though not at the level I used to... I'd hope they'd keep the brand around, unless they plan to replace it with something equally as nice or nicer... My assumption is that Dooney isn't going anywhere.

And I see no reason to hope a brand one clearly has no interest in would leave, particularly since were they to do so, it wouldn't necessarily translate into a line of cheaper bags... As was noted, if you don't want to see them, don't watch them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Have purchased a couple from the Q but returned due to them being defective. So I have just stayed away from purchasing them from the Q.

I have 4 others that I have purchased directly from D&B and are fine. One was years ago and the all weather leather mushroom dome satchel with the raw inside no lining. Two were from the 12 days of Dooney. (2013 and 2014.)The other was a trade in that I am most likely going to sell just don't use it. Too heavy.

Honored Contributor

It seems like either Dooney and many others are leaving of their own freewill or QVC is asking them to leave as they are not producing the revenue the Q wants. Soon there will be nothing to watch but electronics, iphones, itablets, laptops, ipads, etc. That may be where the Q wishes to go as that is the moneymaker.

Valued Contributor

I hope so. So sick of these bags

Super Contributor

Yeah but how many tablets and iphones can someone buy? You buy it once and keep it for years

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 namealreadytaken said:

It seems like either Dooney and many others are leaving of their own freewill or QVC is asking them to leave as they are not producing the revenue the Q wants. Soon there will be nothing to watch but electronics, iphones, itablets, laptops, ipads, etc. That may be where the Q wishes to go as that is the moneymaker.

You forgot blenders... You can't forget the blenders... Blenders, blenders, blenders... Oh, but it's MORE than a blender... How could I forget...

Wink

The Q can go wherever the Q wishes to go, but unfortunately, they'll be leaving a number of long term customers behind... I think a significant number of us are fully fed up with Dell, HP, pads, tablets and blenders...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 CaneCorsoMom said:

Yeah but how many tablets and iphones can someone buy? You buy it once and keep it for years

Not everyone... Keep in mind that for some their phone seems to have become an extension of their family... hence requiring the VERY latest, even if that means getting a new one every few weeks...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Of course, the word is they'll never get the latest of anything here. There seems to be some thinking the Q sells quite a bit of dated technology... I wouldn't know because as long as I have a functional phone and computer, (and I tend to buy my computers locally...), I'm not too worried about the latest and greatest...