Esteemed Contributor

Anyone familiar with Vitalio Vera handbags?

I saw a satchel on the Purse Boutique web site on sale for $44.95 that has just about everything I want in a handbag. I said almost because it doesn't have feet on the bottom which is important to me but I can live without it. It is not leather but it can pass for it. If anyone has a few minutes to check it out and give your opinion I would appreciate it.

The website is purseboutique.com and the item is vt-deco-pwt. It is a satchel with a zipper on front and back, 9 inch handle with removable shoulder strap. It is large, 15" wide but I love large bags. In any case, I would like to hear from you if you are familiar with the designer. TIA

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Vitalio Vera handbags?

Years ago, I purchased a couple of bags from this brand. They were stylish non-leather bags, but to be candid, the ones I purchased weren't made to last. If you like the bag and are willing to see it potentially as a short-term investment then it might be worthwhile. If you're looking for a bag at this price point that will hold up over time, I might keep looking. Of course, my experience might absolutely not be typical and, in fairness, the bag is being offered at a very reasonable price.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 stevieb said:

Years ago, I purchased a couple of bags from this brand. They were stylish non-leather bags, but to be candid, the ones I purchased weren't made to last. If you like the bag and are willing to see it potentially as a short-term investment then it might be worthwhile. If you're looking for a bag at this price point that will hold up over time, I might keep looking. Of course, my experience might absolutely not be typical and, in fairness, the bag is being offered at a very reasonable price.

It isn't that I need a bag but I'm just bored with what I have and was looking for something new. Thanks for your input, I'll think about it, can't afford to throw money away but on the other hand if it makes me feel good...decisions, decisions, decisions.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

Hi ! I'am a handbag fanatic so when I saw this I went and checked out this website and all of their purses. I had never heard of this website (surprise to me !) and was pretty amazed at the styles and prices offered there. Also, the different designer names and other products they sold were nice as well.

I looked at everything, and thought the brand of bags you chose from were the prettiest, many were nice looking designer copies. Most impressive are the prices, really affordable handbags, and many styles just like some of the G.I.L.I., orYANY, etc.

On screen they do look beautiful, offer many of the same features as far as design , size, style and function. Naturally, my only concern is what they are made of. I know they said faux leather, but I searched high and low for some description of what they exactly used and they do not share that information.

Of course, that is why the prices are so favorable, but in looking at them closely on line they do look very beautiful, with great details and good stitching, etc. Seems like they are put together well.

However, the proof is in the ability to wear and last well. Also, I would have to actually hold, touch and feel the faux leather to see if I could justify even spending their handsome price on one of their bags. But by just looking at them, I wouldn't hesitate !!

If I were planning a trip traveling for a while I would surely get one so that my designer bags wouldn't worry me being tossed around at airports, hotels, etc as I trotted around the globe. Or if I were going to spend the summer at the beach or something I think I would get one of their pretty ones so I wouldn't worry about sand, water, sunscreen and beach life in general ruin my better bags.

Another thing they did offer that I find attractive is their clutch bags. They only had about 30 styles, but each style came in different colors. Clutch bags are always needed on hand each year, especially around Christmas, New Year's etc. I always want a certain kind or color right when it's time to go out, but I don't like shopping for them throughout the year. Often they aren't big enough or pretty, etc., and can get expensive.

I found several on their site that looked good in different colors and I thought the prices were decent. I would probably enhance my collection by improving it with some from their website, and I believe their is no shipping fees? (could be wrong about that)

It is my suggestion that any of you, if you have a little time, go to their page and look these over. You might find something useful. Also, they did have 3 cute "Hello Kitty" bags, and some Disney things for little girls !

At least bookmark it for further browsing.

Thanks for sharing this information ! Smile

Blessings.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Remee, Thank you so much for your great post, it gave me a bit more confidence to order the bag. I looked at a lot of their bags and I agree that the Vitalio Vera designs was one of the nicest. I did think about how it would hold up but I'm retired and I'm not out and about that much that I need to worry about it. I have a handbag from Omar Shariff I paid $80.00 for on sale, all leather and it wears like iron but I'm ready to put it on the shelf along with the rest of them, need a change. I will pull up the website again (for the fourth time) to look at my favorite and than make a decision. Again thanks for your great post.