Esteemed Contributor

Anybody have super-narrow feet?

I have narrow feet and I have found that most brands' narrow sizes are still too wide for  me. Munro American is the only brand that reliably fits my skinny feet--and they're really expensive. Do any of you that also have very narrow feet have any brand recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody have super-narrow feet?

I've always had narrow feet, starting with AAA width.  Then that became AA.  Now, as I've aged, in certain brands/styles, I can sometimes wear a medium.  During a good part of my working years, I bought my shoes from Maryland Square, since they had a pretty good selection of narrow widths.  I do agree with you about Munro.  They are pricey, but they are wonderful shoes.

Honored Contributor

One of the happiest days of my life was the day I graduated from an AA to a B width.  Some mediums are still a little wide so I buy cheap 99¢ insoles at Walmart and cut to fit inside my shoes.  That takes up space and makes them perfect. 

You might keep an eye on Zulily.  They occasionally have Munro shoes at a considerable discount.  They'll feature them for 2-3 days, then they'll be gone due to the way Zulily operates.  I've seen them feature other brands that are available in narrow widths too. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Years ago, you could walk into any shoe store and purchase narrow width shoes from AA to AAAA.  Now, if you ask for a narrow width they act like you are a freak of nature.  If you can find shoes in narrow widths, very often they are frumpy.  I have found that Trotters have great looking dress shoes, kitten heels and pointy toes in narrow widths..  They fit me perfectly.  Anything else, not so much.  I have to buy heel pads or innersoles and then that makes them too short.  It's frustrating!

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman I know just what you mean about shoe sales clerks looking at you like you are a freak of nature for requiring narrow shoes. They always try to convince me to try some medium widths that they think run more narrow. Gets annoying because I know that there's not a snowballs chance that they will work. As I said, MOST "narrow" shoes are too wide for me. Thanks goodness for Munro! 

Valued Contributor

I agree about narrow shoes - Nordstrom's was always the place to get them.  Most places do not sell them anymore  because the fashion world has gotten so big it's disgusting....who ever heard of extra extra  wide shoes?  But QVC caters to the big people and those of us who are petite and proud to keep ourselves this way, go without.  Good luck finding the narrow shoes that you like.

Esteemed Contributor

oh boy do I know what you mean,  when I wS younger it was hard to find AAA shoes that were stylish and in style lime the other girls wore.  My dad was a stickler for me getting shoes that fit so I had to wear hush puppies and beileve me in those dYs they were NOT cute !!!!  When I became a teenager  I realized if I got an open toe shoe I could wear it if I went didn't a size.  In the winter I would suffer through and do the best I could.  Nowadays there are choices and my foot has widened a bit enough to most if the time fit into mediums depending g on shoe and brand.  I still have a pretty much AA heel though.  They only thing I ever envied in my life was women who had that perfect B width foot.  Everyone I know, family , friends all gave normal width feet and can wear any shoe they wish!  In flip flops I luch out Sanuk size 5 fit me perfectly!  I am a 6 1/2 but if I go down to a 5 in a flip flop they fit me ,  but Sanuk fits perfectly and they are so comfy with the yoga Matt sole.  I do agree QVC does not cater to us petite women often enough either.