Occasional Contributor

Am I the only one?

[ Edited ]

In the last few years I have purchsed many pairs of shoes, Clarks, Vionic, Earth.  I am finding that  the velcro  closing or the material of the sandals strech out.   I never wear the same pair 2 days in a row.  I have spent  lots of money on these shoes and I am dissapointed.  The first pair I  Iook to a shoemaker was a pair of vionic slippers that were expensive and even after having them sewed tight, after a few wearings they were way too loose again.  Today I have a pair of Vionic sandals,had to watch that I did not walk out of them.  I have them as tight as they would go and after a bit they are too loose. 

Trusted Contributor

@RoinAZ89 wrote:

In the last few years I have purchsed many pairs of shoes, Clarks, Vionic, Earth.  I am finding that  the velcro  closing or the material of the sandals strech out.   I never wear the same pair 2 days in a row.  I have spent  lots of money on these shoes and I am dissapointed.  The first psitr Iook to a shoemaker was a pair of vionic slippers that were expensive and even after having them sewed tight, after a fewwearings they were way too loose again.  Today I have a pair of Vionic sandals,had to watch that I did not walk out of them.  I have them as tight as they would go and after a bit they are too loose. 

I completely agree with you.

Had the same experience with Sketchers Mary Jane slip on shoes that I literally could not wear because the Velcro would not stick and the shoes kept falling off my feel. 

Respected Contributor

Sometimes the *fuzzy* piece of Velcro can be trimmed with scissors, sort of the idea of when you use a shaver for pilling on a sweater or a rug. It won’t last forever but it will extend the Velcro’s effectiveness.

I don’t think that’s what the OP is talking about however.

Honored Contributor

I have not had this problem as of yet.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I had that happen with a couple pairs of shoes from the Q and now, I won't buy anything with the velcro closure (which is just about all of them).

I had to throw out an $80 pair of Vionic slippers because I almost tripped and fell down the stairs when the velcro let loose.  That could have been a fatal accident for me.

Only zippers or buckle closures for me from that point on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one?

[ Edited ]

I have purchased Naots in the past.  The shoes are one of the most comfortable that I own.  There is a velcro strap on the model that I favor, and over the years it has never given me any concern.  I tend not to purchase shoes with velcro, but I think it might depend on the brand and the model.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear any of the brands mentioned.  But I do have Easy Spirit and Naturalizer shoes that have velcro closings and I have had no problems with them and a couple of them are several years old.  

Trusted Contributor

Is it possible you need a wider width, so you're not putting as much pressure on your shoes?

Esteemed Contributor

All my velcro connections are good but I don't buy those brands from the Q.  I look to other online sources. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had this problem but I noticed that the strap doesn't cover the entire velco strip on shoe or connecting strap.  I also noticed that they are making the straps very skimpy on the sandals and it seems that I'm readjusting them after walking or driving. It's just annoying. I expect a bit better especially considering the cost of shoe.