Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am I the Only One Turned Off by the Name 'Mephisto'? New QVC Shoe Line

Mephisto shoes have been around forever.  They are upscale, very comfortable shoes.  I have bad feet and am happy to see them at QVC

Valued Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  I remember that movie, I thought it was good.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much, Sunshine 45, for letting us know how the name was settled upon.  I just don't want the founder to be in league with the devil.  See, I can't let it go!

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45  Very interesting. Thank you for posing the history of the name and brand.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

LOL   The devil is in the details!  I just checked -- the shoe costs $259.  That is the part that will burn your credit card.

Day1128, I have never heard of them before.  I guess they are old news and doing just fine without those who fret over their name.

Ha ha, Goldie, I expect it's those of us with bad feet, backs, knees, whatever, who are familiar with the brand Mephisto.  I don't have any, but always see them when I'm in the "comfort shoes" area at Dillards.  (the only part of the shoe dept. I can shop in nowadays, boo hoo).  Given that you haven't heard of Mephisto before, I deduce that you are still wearing "normal" shoes, maybe even (horrors!) heels? 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Shoes, I have been cursed with wide feet later in life, and I have feet so ugly that a foot fetishist would turn elsewhere if he caught sight of them.

Guess I just never looked in the section of the store that has shoes to mitigate the pain of bad feet and backs. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

A358358Re: Am I the Only One Turned Off by the Name 'Mephisto'? New QVC Shoe Line

Check this out!  

Mephisto Sandal A298818 - $149   Looks just like some White Mountain sandals I have that cost about $25.   Similar to these ... but a smooth strap rather than the braid.  .

I do like some of the Mepisto styles ... but not the prices. 

Honored Contributor

The name doesn't bother me at all.

To quote Shakespeare "What's in a name?  A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

(And..."these shoes by any other name, would be a comfort to your feet".)

Honored Contributor

I've seen this brand around for many years.  Never gave a thought to being turned off by the name.  Passed by my nearby Mephisto store countless times.  I haven't personally bought any of their shoes yet, but have friends who swear by the brand.