Honored Contributor

@rsimon9228 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I have foot problems from wearing high heels for so many years.  I have very flat feet also and need good arch support.  I've read good things about Alegria and have found some sandals that I would like to try.  I wear a size 8 shoe and usually wear a 38 in European sizes.  

In comfort shoes, I like Pikolinos and Romika.  I do wish comfort shoes were more attractive.  I don't understand why they can't be.  This pair of Alegria sandals that I've found are fairly cute.  Do Alegria run true to size?  Are they comfortable like I think they'll be?

I bought the Colette from Amazon but had to return them since they are too wide for my foot.  The one buckle on the back strap wasn't enough to work with my foot.  I ordered a size 37/7  and I normally wear a 7M.

I had to tighten the back strap to make them work for me, but that did it.  At least I hope it did.  I would hate for them to stretch out.  I normally wear an 8M and ordered a 38.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

received my first pair today......THAT WAS FAST!!!!

these are the 39s, which in other brands is my european size. i am usually an 8 in american sizing.

these 39s are a bit big, although i can use the velcro and make them a bit tighter. i also ordered the 38s but they have not arrived.

i have a feeling the 38s will work better.

thanks for everyones input!!!!

also adding that these shoes feel super comfortable! love the style.....the height is perfect for me and the footbed feels firm, yet cushioned.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm glad you ordered both sizes @sunshine45.  I thought the 38's would work better for you.  I'm glad you like them!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I ordered 2 pairs of Alegria sandals last summer.  They were so cute and fit well, but both pairs squeaked and I had to return them.  Has anyone else had a problem with squeaking?