Valued Contributor

If you are a fan of Alegria shoes, and love the comfort, but not the high price, check out the "Alegriashoeshop" website. They are having a BIG 60% off sale of most of their shoes, with free shipping and handling. (July 1 on) Lots of styles and sizes available. I just ordered two pair of sandals for 59.99 each.

Honored Contributor

Good prices.

Esteemed Contributor

@Colinka For anyone who has had Alegria I notice that they are European sizes, when QVC used to carry Birkenstock I ordered a 37 and still wear those today, does anyone know if Alegria fits the same as Birkenstock?

QVC shoes over the years have become so inconsistent in their sizing, for me anyway, I am just trying to avoid returns should I order.

Valued Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Colinka For anyone who has had Alegria I notice that they are European sizes, when QVC used to carry Birkenstock I ordered a 37 and still wear those today, does anyone know if Alegria fits the same as Birkenstock?

QVC shoes over the years have become so inconsistent in their sizing, for me anyway, I am just trying to avoid returns should I order.

The Alegria spokesman on QVC says to size down. According to him, since I wear an 8.5, I would get a 38.  However, I have found in my case, to stay with my true European size of 39, since I am on my feet all day, and my feet swell. (I always get a 39 in Birkenstocks) Wish I could be more definite, but I guess you may just have to try what you think is best. If you are getting a closed shoe that you would wear with a stocking, I would stay true to size 37. If you are getting a sandal, perhaps try the next size down, as the rep suggests.

At least the reduced prices may encourage you to experiment!

Trusted Contributor

I bought Birkenstocks from QVC in years past, and wore a size 40 (European).  The Alegria chart indicated that I should wear a 39, which I bought and had to return.  The size 39 was too short for me.  My suggestion is to stick with your Birkenstock size.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alegria fans

[ Edited ]

You can also search Alegria on the 6PM dot com site. This site also sells many other products. It's owned by Zappos and highly discounted. I've purchased quite a few items (including Birkenstock/Birkie's shoes) and it's great.

Honored Contributor

@Colinka,  Do all of their shoes have a hard footbed?  Thanks.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Colinka,  Do all of their shoes have a hard footbed?  Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw your question, or I would have replied sooner. I don't really know, as I only have two pair of Alegria. The footbed is comfortable and supportive, but I wouldn't call it "soft". I would read the description for each sandal, and see if they say "comfort" footbed. All I know is that I can wear them all day, standing at my job. I am also a Birkenstock soft footbed fan, but these are cushier. These are the two I have:

Alegria Verona Uptown Black womens leather comfort sandal and

Alegria Keli PRO Galileo womens comfort shoe