Regular Contributor

I noticed the posting of the Alegria sandal Big Deal that is coming this week.  I've never worn the brand but would be interested in trying them.  I noticed that the new sandal has a sole that is approximately 3/4" lower than a triple strap version that was very popular and highly rated.  (Could not get my size in the desired style for that one.) Also, the price is higher despite the lower heel height.  Do those of you who wear Alegria think the lower, less cushioned heel will make a noticeale difference in comfort and cushion? Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Alegria QVC2 big deal

[ Edited ]

@22eyesblue wrote:

I noticed the posting of the Alegria sandal Big Deal that is coming this week.  I've never worn the brand but would be interested in trying them.  I noticed that the new sandal has a sole that is approximately 3/4" lower than a triple strap version that was very popular and highly rated.  (Could not get my size in the desired style for that one.) Also, the price is higher despite the lower heel height.  Do those of you who wear Alegria think the lower, less cushioned heel will make a noticeale difference in comfort and cushion? Thanks!

I love Alegria! I have many pairs shoes,sneakers and sandals. All are very comfortable! Give them a try!

Just ordered them in white!

Honored Contributor

Another big Alegria fan here! I have their sandals, clogs and boots!

Once I found them, I haven't bought another brand since, they're so comfortable to my feet!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@22eyesblue    Do not expect Alegria to have a soft cushiony footbed that you sink into like a Sketchers shoe.  That's not what they're about.  Their footbed is firm, slightly molded and as you wear them, they form to your foot.  They are supportive but do not have a high prominent arch like Vionic. Very different from any other shoe. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@22eyesblue    Do not expect Alegria to have a soft cushiony footbed that you sink into like a Sketchers shoe.  That's not what they're about.  Their footbed is firm, slightly molded and as you wear them, they form to your foot.  They are supportive but do not have a high prominent arch like Vionic. Very different from any other shoe. 

Great description @Kachina624 .  I love my Alegria sandals!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I really like the Hippie Momma color.  I have been on a shoe purchasing binge lately so I guess what is one more.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pecky    That's what I told myself about 119 pairs ago.  It's Zulily that did me in with shoes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Wow, this sandal is pricey compared to the very similar Alegria TSV from about 6 years back, which was around $60. I bought that TSV, called the Fiona, and am still wearing it. It has a platform sole higher than this new TSV but lower than the normal Alegria sole like on the Paloma. The sole is very stiff and does not flex when you walk. For this reason it wears more like an orthopedic shoe but cuter. In fact, I have a stress fracture in one foot and doc told me to wear my Alegria sandal daily in place of an orthopedic boot because Alegria keeps your foot fairly flat, and a boot with a sock is much too unbearable here in FL summer with our intense heat. Perhaps this new TSV sole height has a bit more flexibility. Alegria is like Birkenstock.....unique feel that you must get used to. 

Trusted Contributor

I love my Alegria's they are soo comfortable.  In comparison I tried Vionics but found the high arch and footbed very were so uncomfortable my feet hurt if I tried walking in them.  I also love Birkenstocks.  

Respected Contributor

They look cute. I got the pink pair and the blue/gray pair.  Nice to change it up from my Vionics