Esteemed Contributor

I've never purchased Alegria shoes.  Arch support is very important to me, so I usually buy Vionics.  However, I notice during the presentations today they're referring to the Alegria shoes as Orthotic and very comfortable.  Just hoping someone can let me know how they compare.  Thanks 💝

Respected Contributor

Re: Alegria Compared to Vionic

@cheriere  I have several pairs of Alegria sandals, clogs and slip on shoes. I find the sandals to be less comfortable than the shoes.  My all time favorite sandals and clogs are birkenstock soft foot bed. I have not purchased any vionic shoes so I don't have that comparison.

Esteemed Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

@cheriere  I have several pairs of Alegria sandals, clogs and slip on shoes. I find the sandals to be less comfortable than the shoes.  My all time favorite sandals and clogs are birkenstock soft foot bed. I have not purchased any vionic shoes so I don't have that comparison.

That info is actually pretty helpful.  I do like Birkenstocks, so that comparison tells me a lot.  Thanks 💝

Honored Contributor

@cheriere Hi my KY friend!   I actually have one pair of Alegria sandals and one pair of closed clogs.  I find them to be pretty comfortable and supportive.  I have many pairs of the original Vionics flip flops and a pair of espadrilles.  While I like Vionics and feel they of course have wonderful support too, I don't find either of these brands to be as "comfy" as my Birkenstocks.   Okay that was a lot of info, but I do like them all and feel they are of decent quality and serve their purpose. LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere  Bad feet woman here. EmojiAll kidding aside, my feet are a mess. My present podiatrist explained to me during our first visit several years ago that there is a difference between comfort and support.  She likes Vionic and Alegria, but for my feet, Alegria wins.  I cannot wear sandals, so my Alegria experience is with enclosed shoes, boots, and their Traq sneakers. The footbed is soft and comfortable, but not squishy and bouncy like the shoes that rely on a lot of memory foam for the support.  Vionic is made the same way without a lot of squishy cushion.  I'm sorry to be on the fence, but again Alegria seems to fit me better.     

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal    Hello my friend 💝, I really do appreciate your comparison of these shoes and completely understand what you mean lol.  I really like my Birkenstocks too.  It's hard to find a sandal nearly as comfortable.  I guess I'm trying to find a reason to purchase the TSV, although I really don't need them.😃

Respected Contributor

I have a pair of Vionic sandals and vionic slippers.  I've also have Alegria sandals (similar to the TSV) and pair of Alegria "mary jane" type shoe.  My Alegria mary jane type shoe is comfortable but I do have a problem with it rubbing against my heel.  So, really stopped wearing them.  I do like the Alegria sandal a lot.  Very comfortable and nice support  My Vionic sandals and slippers are just okay.  I don't think they're as nice of comfortable as my Alegria sandals.  But, like the other poster, my most comfortable sandal is Birkenstocks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere.  The arch in Alegrias is completely different from Vionic, much more subtle.  I have flat feet and can't wear a high arch as is found in Vionic or Birkenstock.  They are painful.  However, i pronate badly and must have some correction; the Alegria footbed is perfect for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  It is the arch in Vionic that prevents their shoes from being more comfortable to me.  Thanks for describing it so well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix   I have terrible feet too, so I definitely know what you mean.  I haven't bought any other brand but Vionics in awhile.  At this point, fashion has taken a backseat to how my feet feel.  I like that the tsv are slides instead of flip flops.  It seems I'm at the point now where my Vionic flip flops are no longer even comfortable.  However, slides still work well for me.🤞

I can decide if I'm gonna try this pair of Alegria's or not.  It does seem like a better price than I usually see them offered and I have anted to try them for some time now.  Actually, my favorites of the day were a pair of Alegria clogs that kinda looked like Mary Jane's.  Dog gonnit, now Im confusing myself on which pair I want lol.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.😊💝