Trusted Contributor

Are the Alegria shoes worth it??  Comfortable??  I was thinking about ordering the shoe.  I have developed feet issues.  I fractured my left foot this year (just got out of my boot finally) and I have achilles tendinosis on my right.  Which I might have to have surgery. 

thanks a lot.. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Alegria Big Deal

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe  I bought a pair of their sandles.  It has one large strap going across the top.  I LOVE THEM so much.....  I bought a second pair!  My sister in law saw them and asked to try them on ...  she could not believe how comfortable they are.    I've only tried this one style.  

Edited to add..... the style I purchased is called KYLEE. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria Big Deal

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe    For me, Alegrias are very comfortable.  The footbed, while supportive, is not as intrusive as is that of the Vionic or some other shoes.  Of course a sandal with even the best footbed is not truly supportive of the whole foot.  An enclosed shoe does a much better job.

Check out alegriashoeshop.com for bargain prices.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ruthbe    For me, Alegrias are very comfortable.  The footbed, while supportive, is not as intrusive as is that of the Vionic or some other shoes.  Of course a sandal with even the best footbed is not truly supportive of the whole foot.  An enclosed shoe does a much better job.

Check out alegriashoeshop.com for bargain prices.

@Kachina624   thanks ....  I'm on my way to check that out too.

Respected Contributor

@ruthbe   I have those shoes and a couple other Alegria shoes of the same style.  I have bone spurs under both my achilles tendons, so I have to wear backless shoes. I love the Alegria more than any other.  They are comfortable and help my legs from getting tired.  Just make sure they are tight on your foot so you don't slip to the side and sprain your ankle.  

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe ....Might be...some find comfort and resolution by wearing Alegria or Birkenstocks (for me, the soft footbed).  You won't know without trying and it is so individual, we can only share our experiences.  If you are attracted to a particular shoe that might comfort your conditions....try it out!  You may find a friend for life👞❤️ !

Trusted Contributor

thanks so much everyone!!  much appreciated.  Right now because of the tendonosis....a big o lump on achilles...shoe backs I just can't wear.  Much too painful.  Also I live in the Phoenix area...so sandals are basically a year round shoe.  I think I will give them a try.  But I will check out Alegria's website first.  Thanks again for all of your help

Honored Contributor

Usually that website has a ton of bargain shoes but this is not a good time.  Winter shoes are gone, summer shoes not yet on sale.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@ruthbe Alegria is what my podiatrist recommended after treating 3 neuromas in  my foot.  Since then I have noticed a lot of medical office staff wearing that brand.  I like mine a lot and I have the shoes with the single strap and some sandals.  You may have to get used to the rocker board affect (if this shoe has it) but that isn't a big challenge.  Best wishes to you for healing.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥