Honored Contributor

Re: Age spots and orange feet......

@BoopOMatic   General observation?  We all know who the models are and which ones model shoes.

I have seen general comments about daughters, glasses, stringy hair,  gross feet, diet plans, etc and we all know who the negative comments are  about.

Those types of sneaky comments don't fly well with me.  It is still bady shaming...women on women.  Heaven forbid if a man made such a general negative comment about woman's bodies.

Thankfully, the male posters have not stooped that low.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie  I agree with you. As Women, we should support one another and not criticize each other, we get enough of that from society itself, especially as we age. Spots and such is all a part of aging. As for the orange tan, isn't trying to make oneself look better so you feel better a part of what we all do? Isn't that why most of us are here on the Q buying things? You have a right to your opinion but can't that be done in a diplomatic kind way? So many are constantly on here saying how phony some of the hosts are, but yet when they show their real selves warts and all, they again are criticized. Seems like a no win. 

Trusted Contributor

No, "we don't all know" who she was speaking of; I didn't because I don't watch the Q that often.

She didn't specify or name anybody so you are making assumptions.

What male posters?

I can only think of 2.

LOL

Honored Contributor

I think we are going off the rails here. Who wouldn't agree that someone modeling clothing and shoes should be well groomed . That is part of the job. If you use self tanner, learn how to apply it. Again, if you are a model, your whole job is to entice people to buy !  I think it was a mistake to have the hosts model , JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I'm not offended by these kinds of things at all, but I did notice that one model on a sandals show had self tanner on the front of her legs, ankles and instep but she missed putting the tanner on the back of  her legs in those areas. It's a mistake she must have made. It's not a big deal. She'll probably notice the mistake and correct it for her next day on air. She was wearing a Marc Fisher sandal  A604240 and the back of her feet and ankles were very white in contrast to the tan parts. 

@Mindy D I just looked at that video - pretty funny!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic   Too bad you only know two male posters on here.  There are way more than that.

I don't know why you are LOL...laughing at yourself, maybe?

Respected Contributor

Age spots, freckles, moles, a scar here and there...we've all got them or will have them at some point in time. It's called being human. It's not fair or nice to call out hosts or models for those things as it's life and it just happens.

I do feel the self tanner issue is a whole other situation. Don't get me started. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT! Face it, it's extremely hard for anyone to get their hands or feet to look good with self tanner. It's either too dark or too light and doesn't match-up with the arms or legs. I won't go on and on but the ORANGE, streaky, half done or overdone faux tans on many hosts and models on QVC is just downright ugly. Then magnify the issue even more with extreme close-ups when watching QVC vidoes online and it's really noooooooo good at all! 😩                

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I guess this is why stores and magazines hire specific hand models and shoe models, makes sense. Remember the Seinfeld where George was hired as a hand model?

I love that show. I can’t watch many shows over and over.  I can with this one. That was a funny episode. @Shelbelle 

Agreed !!!

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I am offended by many, many (Sorry to offend the faint of heart by saying millions, so I changed it?  All good now?) age spots on legs and orange heels on hosts and models while modeling shoes and flip flops.  With all of the coverage type makeup QVC sells, can't these things be fixed before the shoe shows?

For me there are far worse things in the world that are offensive to me, things that I can't mention on this forum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have age spots, but they say "much life has been lived and enjoyed" to me.

I am not a sun goddess amd always, always wear sunscreen.