Valued Contributor

Age spots and orange feet......

[ Edited ]

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I am offended by many, many (Sorry to offend the faint of heart by saying millions, so I changed it?  All good now?) age spots on legs and orange heels on hosts and models while modeling shoes and flip flops.  With all of the coverage type makeup QVC sells, can't these things be fixed before the shoe shows?

Honored Contributor

Re: Age spots and orange feet......

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I am offended by millions of age spots on legs and orange heels on hosts and models while modeling shoes and flip flops.  With all of the coverage type makeup QVC sells, can't these things be fixed before the shoe shows?

@snipsnapsnur There is a lot of ugliness and venom in the world.  The world would be a prettier place if everyone tried to spread as much good will as they can and counteract the ugliness that they see. Better thank being offended.

There's an old saying about trying to get the speck out of someone's eye when you have a log in your own that helps.  Adding beauty helps more than seeing the ugly. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry--but I agree with the OP--if you are on national TV, with millions of people watching,  and modeling sandals especially, your feet should look well manicured and presentable!! Age spots don't bother me---we all have them, but the orange self tanner is the worst!! White legs/feet are way better than orange any day of the week!!

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

but I am offended by millions of age spots on legs

Exaggerate much?

If that's all that offends you in this world, count yourself lucky.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not offended by these kinds of things at all, but I did notice that one model on a sandals show had self tanner on the front of her legs, ankles and instep but she missed putting the tanner on the back of  her legs in those areas. It's a mistake she must have made. It's not a big deal. She'll probably notice the mistake and correct it for her next day on air. She was wearing a Marc Fisher sandal  A604240 and the back of her feet and ankles were very white in contrast to the tan parts. 

Honored Contributor

Age spots on legs?  I've never seen such things, even on myself.  However, people do have moles occasionally here and there because they are human beings and humans have such things.

If a mole on a leg offends you, you have a problem bigger than we can fix here so just avert your eyes.

Nobody has millions of age spots.  Gross exaggeration.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am only offended by my own dark spots, no one elses!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh, get over yourself.  Stop shaming other women for stupid stuff.

Why do women act this way and why are you checking out other women's legs?  So creepy.

Valued Contributor

What people refer to as "age spots" are actually from sun exposure. I have lots of them on my lower legs. Much more common in people with fair skin. They are not moles.  I used to work in a dermatology office and saw this frequently.  Look at the back of arms compared to inside of arms,  lower legs compared to thighs and areas under clothing.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the millions of age spots were freckles.  

I haven't noticed, but I don't watch that much.  Even the Marc Fisher show I was more interested in what I  was doing on my computer, hence the reason I was up so late, than what they were showing, especially since they only had chunky heels.  Now, THAT I find offensive.