Honored Contributor

Aetrex Shoes - Pronation & Plantar Fasciitis

I have purchased many pair of Vionics and will continue to do so, although in general more and more of their styles are heading in a direction away from styles and uses I prefer.

There are other shoe mfg who make shoes with pronounced arches and the specific heel cupping and stabilization features needed for people whose feet greatly pronate, besides Vionic. Aetrex is one of them. I found it on my own, but recently HSN has started carrying them.

I recently ordered one of their new Fall styles. Before I ordered I spoke to their CS and told them I knew my sizing in Vionics. They said that Aetrex sizing closely follows Vionic sizing.

Now that I have the shoes and wore them for several hours last night, I can verify that for me at least, my Vionic size does indeed work for Aetrex - keeping in mind I wear 3 different sizes in Vionic styles - 8 in sandals, 8.5 in slip-on loafer types, and 9 in their athletic type shoes. 

The general overall pricing of Aetrex is similar to Vionic, but IMO you're more likely to get nice-looking leather for a decent price from Aetrex than Vionic.  Fewer bizarre color combos and funky animal-inspired prints - which IMO is a Good Thing.

Their downside? When they sell out of your size there seems to be little to no chance they'll get more in, in my experience :-(  They don't seem to order second runs very often, if at all. Strange...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Aetrex Shoes - Pronation & Plantar Fasciitis

[ Edited ]

I have a couple pairs  of Aetrex that I got from Zulily some time ago.  They are the same clog style done in pearlized leather, one denim blue, one rose colored.  They're very comfortable, run à little on the narrow side but the way the sole is splayed out, they make my big feet look even bigger.

I've also discovered Nurse Mate shoes as having a good molded foot bed and support.  They had some cute styles early in summer, now not so much.   They have a collection called "Align" which I especially like.  Here are two I've gotten from Zulily.  They both go with everything.  I especially like the one on the right.  They run very true to size. 

Screenshot_20170918-163639.jpg391584_963_ss_01.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

These are the shoes I recently purchased. They fit and look just like canvas espadrilles but they're a soft leather. I've also bought thong sandals from them and a suede/fabric bungee shoe. I can't wear their Mary Janes because I can't wear a Mary Jane style from any mfg. I wish I could, because Aetrex has several attractive styles.

IMG_1249.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

I have two pairs of ankle boots from Aetrex that I've been really happy with.  I was looking online for "shoes with good arch support" and found Aetrex.  The first pair I ordered felt so good that I ordered a second color.  They're three years old and still look and feel great!  (I should mention that I live in a warm climate, so boot season is shorter than it is for many of you.)  I've tried Aetrex sandals and they're just ok for my feet.  But their boots are wonderful!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have a particular Aetrex wedge sandal (Naya) in almost ever color they offer I love it that much. I use to use Lynco inserts, and that's what's in Aetrex shoes (Aetrex owns Lynco). Excellent quality and nice looking shoes.

The Naya:

Aetrex® "Naya"  Wedge Sandal  with Lynco™ Orthotics

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I have quite a few pairs of Aetrex in different styles.  My feet are hard to fit: wide and bunions and so many shoes  just won't work.  Even before bunions, I had a really hard time finding shoes.  

I loved Aetrex Sandalistas and boots and several other styles. They do well on my feet, but I am disappointed in how they have held up.  Their construction does not seem to allow them being repaired.  I am hard on shoes.  I wish they were repairable.  It's the same situation no matter the shoe or style with Aetrex.