Trusted Contributor

Re: Advice for shoes or boots for the snow

[ Edited ]

I have these in this color & black. I haven't worn the black ones yet (got them later in the season) but I wore the Mochaberry ones pretty much every time I went out last winter. The boots have good arch support & were extremely comfortable. The ONLY thing that I didn't like about them is the fact that they made my feet sweat like crazy.

For closed in shoes, I wear a 10W or a 10 1/2 M. Since wides weren't available in my size when I bought these, I had to get an 11M since this style wasn't available in a 1/2 size after size 10.

http://aetrex.com/new-arrivals/outlet/berries-bungee-boot-mochaberry.html

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your question won't be answered; totally by using the shoes I'm about to recommend, because they are for rain only.  They are garden shoes called Sloggers. (QVC sells some of them but only in odd colors and  patterns, so I have gotten my three pairs from various other sources).  Cost is usually only about $30, and I notice they are on sale right now on at least one website. 

Here's why I absolutely love them and now own three pairs--one pair stays downstairs for gardening and yard work, one stays by the front door for getting the mail and picking up the morning paper off the sidewalk and one pair is ready to wear in the car and  while out shopping on sloppy days.

---They are so comfortable that I can walk the neighborhood or yard with them and forget to take them off when I get back inside.

--They have a removable, washable insert that can be replaced with your own orthotic.

--They have very good arch support. 

--They clean up by holding them under a faucet and rinsing.

--They are made in the U.S.A.

--I have found them on sale in various catalogs for as little as $20.   They DO NOT WEAR OUT!!!

Caution.....DO NOT USE THEM IN ICY OR SNOWY CONDITIONS.......I tried that and almost fell on slippery ice while walking out to pick up the morning newspaper, whereas they give excellent traction in rainy or muddy conditions.  On top of that, because they are unlined vinyl, the snow could freeze your feet easily.  For other weather conditions, they are perfect.

As for snow boots, I got a nice pair last yeat at LL Bean.

Super Contributor

Buy comfortable shoes and YakTrax professionsals.  I have been using YakTrax for years and haven't fallen.   And you can remove them and just have normal footwear.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the  *SLOGGERS* garden shoe suggestion and review!  

I just ordered the Purple Paw Print Sloggers from QVC. ( I like cats and purple) 

These will be wonderful for those rainy days and  rainy nights  in Georgia.    CAT