Honored Contributor

Re: ATTENTION: All shoe manufacturers

@Kardi wrote:

Actually, I believe it is the manufacturers that are responsible.  Only a very few make 1/2 sizes over size 10.

@Kari  They only make the larger half sizes because that's what the buyers have ordered.  They have the capability of making any size that's ordered. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Q4u  Same for me except I'm an off the rack size 11M.  The only shoe that  has fit me really well from QVC was one that was too narrow for most everyone else, the recent Clark TSV.  I buy shoes constantly, sight unseen,  from Zulily that fit fine, but those from the Q are always iffy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Wendy Lou Hoo wrote:

At the other end of shoe sizing, he also made people with a size 5 or 5 1/2 foot.  Try finding shoes in this size that you really like.

LOL @Wendy Lou Hoo.  I can certainly relate!  I also normally wear a size 5 .... sometimes a 5 1/2.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u

Do u realize how lucky u r to be able to buy shoes off a rack? In my 76 yrs, I've never been able to do that. I wear 6-1/2 wide (used to wear 7 wide) --- and only a few brands are comfortable, ie, Clarks, Birkenstock, and Ryka. Up until I found QVC 22 yrs ago, where I was able to order Rykas, Clarks, Birkenstocks in wide --- very few stores carried wides. If they did, the heels were too high (I can't wear high heels), or they only had one shoe in black to try on, etc. I had to go to Naturalizer Shoe Stores or Red Cross Shoe Stores - where the shoes were for older women.

Now - I have 75 pairs of very comfy shoes ---- many different styles and colors. I'm wearing my Yellow Clarks Medora Elie right now.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Q4u

Do u realize how lucky u r to be able to buy shoes off a rack? In my 76 yrs, I've never been able to do that. I wear 6-1/2 wide (used to wear 7 wide) --- and only a few brands are comfortable, ie, Clarks, Birkenstock, and Ryka. Up until I found QVC 22 yrs ago, where I was able to order Rykas, Clarks, Birkenstocks in wide --- very few stores carried wides. If they did, the heels were too high (I can't wear high heels), or they only had one shoe in black to try on, etc. I had to go to Naturalizer Shoe Stores or Red Cross Shoe Stores - where the shoes were for older women.

Now - I have 75 pairs of very comfy shoes ---- many different styles and colors. I'm wearing my Yellow Clarks Medora Elie right now.

Yes indeed... and the reason I mention it is because I have always found comfortable shoes without any effort.... but can't seem to on QVC, which leaves me wondering why.

I still go into Dillards (or Brown's Shoes) and can buy and wear any 9M I pick (except I'm not able to wear heels anymore because of a balance problem after my fall in 2010).  So I totally don't understand why QVC's shoes pose so many problems for me regardless of brand..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I love when QVC is selling a shoe or boot and we are told to go up a size.  Well, if I go up a size at 10, I would have to go up two sizes to an 11, which would be way too big.  I agree with the OP.  Don't skip all the 1/2 sizes.