Valued Contributor

ATTENTION: All shoe manufacturers

The All-Mighty made feet in all sizes, 6, 6 1/2, 7, 7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2, etc.  He didn't skip from 10 to 11!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ATTENTION: All shoe manufacturers

Great thought but I really don't think they read these boards!  LOL 

I do understand the frustration!  Not with shoes but clothing!

Honored Contributor

It's frustrating.... my son wears a size 15 and he can't just go into a store a buy a pair of shoes!  He usually buys them on line and crosses his fingers that they feel ok.  He doesn't care about style so much (but most of them look like old-men shoes) and the colors can be too weird.

I can't imagine the frustration of being a woman and not being able to find cute shoes at a reasonable price that feel good in a size you need.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My son had feet so narrow he wore girl's loafers.  The only difference is the thickness of the sole and I am the only one who knew!

One year my daughter grew so much taller, she wore boys pants cause they didn't make girls pants long enough!  Thank God, plaids were in for both that year!

Frequent Contributor

At the other end of shoe sizing, he also made people with a size 5 or 5 1/2 foot.  Try finding shoes in this size that you really like.

Valued Contributor

I'm frustrated by shoe sizing overall. We're frequently instructed to size up or size down lately. It seems like a simple process to make all shoes a consistent size. It worked that way for years. I understand width could change based on style, but why length?

Honored Contributor

I'ts not the shoe manufacturers who decide what sizes will be available at any retail site; it's the buyers. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Actually, I believe it is the manufacturers that are responsible.  Only a very few make 1/2 sizes over size 10.

Esteemed Contributor

I think both shoe manufacturers, shoe retailers, and shoe buyers are out of touch with what the public really wants to buy and wear when it comes to women's shoes. Those department store buyers order really high heels with no padding and then those stores wonder why those shoes go unsold even when they are marked down a lot. Maybe because those shoes hurt your feet and are basically unwearable.

Honored Contributor

I've mentioned it before, but I'm an off the rack size 9M... I'm the one that purchases the shoes thrown in the bin in the center of the isle of cut-rate stores.  I have never had a problem with the shoes I buy, even lately at Dillards... I prefer a good leather shoe.

But I've stopped buying shoes on QVC because I've returned way too many and it's expensive.  Too long, too short, too narrow, sole feels like asphalt, won't bend, etc. etc.....  so I don't understand it unless the Q is getting seconds of some sort.     

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*