Super Contributor

Re: A254211 $699.00 Pathetic

"That's exactly why I said that I think they believe they are promoting "exclusivity" by raising the prices. That's what LV and Hermes do. In (around) 2006 LV raised their prices (by a couple hundred dollars) about four times in one year!~ While LV and Hermes can get away with that in order to only entice the very rich to buy because it shows that only they have that kind of disposable income. But a Shopping Channel's own brand?? No. Especially when there are serious problems with the Shopping Channel's brand."

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

So when I go out with my GILI bag, other people will recognize it as GILI and be impressed/jealous that I have such an exclusive, designer item.

If that's what the plan is, I say go on with your bad self, QVC! Reach for the stars!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure other than QVC shoppers, no one will know what a "GILI" bag is.

Regular Contributor

I just started a new thread about the price increases, especially in the GILI line. The pieced leather jacket is increased by $100. What are they doing? I saw JM presenting and she isn't very good. She really knew very little about the bag. It was a real snooze. I own the Gili Roma 2 and I will say I get compliments on it every time I carry it. I got it as a TSV and it is wonderful. That being said, I will not pay the new and grossly over-inflated prices.

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Kimi-Eliz said:

I just started a new thread about the price increases, especially in the GILI line. The pieced leather jacket is increased by $100. What are they doing? I saw JM presenting and she isn't very good. She really knew very little about the bag. It was a real snooze. I own the Gili Roma 2 and I will say I get compliments on it every time I carry it. I got it as a TSV and it is wonderful. That being said, I will not pay the new and grossly over-inflated prices.

I buy what I like and I imagine most ladies do. I'm not partial to unstructured bags or anything reptile or snake looking (or "pony fur") so the GILI Hobos don't appeal to me, but I'm sure that they are striking looking and other ladies will notice them. Word of mouth may garner enough interest to get those interested to look up on QVC to find them, but I honestly don't see how on earth QVC can seriously get people interested in an Exclusive Q Brand at the prices they are now charging. It's a Shopping Channel.... like any cut-rate selling venue, there's just "so much" you can get for an item. It may be novel for awhile, but I can't see it gathering steam ..... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Q4U said:

I buy what I like and I imagine most ladies do. I'm not partial to unstructured bags or anything reptile or snake looking (or "pony fur") so the GILI Hobos don't appeal to me, but I'm sure that they are striking looking and other ladies will notice them. Word of mouth may garner enough interest to get those interested to look up on QVC to find them, but I honestly don't see how on earth QVC can seriously get people interested in an Exclusive Q Brand at the prices they are now charging. It's a Shopping Channel.... like any cut-rate selling venue, there's just "so much" you can get for an item. It may be novel for awhile, but I can't see it gathering steam ..... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I agree that shopping channels have always given the impression of selling items at "cut-rate" prices. So GILI is the antithesis of this concept. I don't see how it can last over the tong haul.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

It has 37 reviews.

Honored Contributor

The Q will be the first to tell you that they are not about bargains, as I was recently told by one CS rep, who told me they aren't the cheapest but they are the best... Yea, whatever... When paying higher prices for the same item sold elsewhere, when paying higher shipping and when paying way higher prices for the same item sold here for far less just a few days ago, how is that 'the best'...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/30/2015 stevieb said:

The Q will be the first to tell you that they are not about bargains, as I was recently told by one CS rep, who told me they aren't the cheapest but they are the best... Yea, whatever... When paying higher prices for the same item sold elsewhere, when paying higher shipping and when paying way higher prices for the same item sold here for far less just a few days ago, how is that 'the best'...?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Fuzzy Logic, or is it ILL-Logic, by that CS Rep ?????? {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Stevie, the so called "only-made-for-Q" Dooneys come to mind with that statement...I've purchased 3 of them, never kept any of them, and I couldn't wait to get them repackaged and dropped off at the Post Office (often on the same day they were delivered) ! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

No handbag on QVC is worth more than $200. They are really pushing making a profit.

Super Contributor

Are you talking about "the armadillo jacket" ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I have no idea "what" the Q is doing...they drop the shipping rates (but raise the cost of the items), sometimes it's a huge jump. I've been looking at my purchases of the last year, and wanted to reorder Steel By Design earrings -- and, the price had jumped 30% ! I don't want/need them THAT much {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I have a hunch that GILI is being fased out, because it was so associated with LR (who is gone and won't be coming back). I'm sure the Q had all of the Spring, Summer, and perhaps the Fall GILI Items ordered (before LR left in December). Perhaps GILI items might be touted as "collectibles" (thus increasing the cost) by some of the Hosts, who typically over-embellish with their descriptions and opinions. Frankly, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a lawsuit against the Q, filed by the REAL Designers (GUCCI, et al.) for the GILI knockoffs that have been sold on Q.

I agree with your assessment of Jill Martin. For some odd reason, the Q is attempting to lend credence to the GILI line with their featuring of JM as "the spokesperson"; however, IMO, it backfired... and I hope she will not be a Regular Vendor on the GILI shows. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}