Trusted Contributor

A202810: Lori Greiner On-the-Go Belt-Free Pouch Question About Safety of Magnets

This item has a lot of good reviews. My question is if you put credit cards, cell phones and MP3 players in this pouch will the magnets deactivate those items? Many news stories have shown that strong magnets can hurt those items.

Does anyone own this pouch and if so have you had any issues with the magnets?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A202810: Lori Greiner On-the-Go Belt-Free Pouch Question About Safety of Magnets

No one owns this bag? Oh well, don't know if I should get it or not.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A202810: Lori Greiner On-the-Go Belt-Free Pouch Question About Safety of Magnets

I just looked it up and it says it is not available at this time. (?)

Trusted Contributor

Ok, now I feel like a dork. I got the item number wrong. It's H202810.

My mistake. Sorry.

If anyone has the pouch, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Sorry for the confusion.

Honored Contributor

I don't own this, but you're right to be concerned about the magnets. Some years ago I had a bag with a magnetic snap closure. I couldn't figure out why my bank card didn't work. After a store card wouldn't work either, the helpful SA told me it was probably my bag that demagnetized them, even though they were inside my wallet. I had to get new cards. I know handbags probably don't do that any longer, but I won't buy one with a magnetic closure!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the information beach-mom. I don't think I'll take a chance, since the things I used it for would be putting my charge cards in and/or MP3 player. Perhaps over the years they have made the magnets differently or the card strips aren't demagnetized, but I would hate to take the chance and have them ruined.

Honored Contributor

I bought my DH a smart phone for Christmas and got this for him to carry it. He doesn't like to wear a belt anymore since he retired and most of the pouches for cell phones for men require a belt - this one solves that problem.