Valued Contributor

Since the thread about $130 sandals, I noticed QVC had the Frye brand on with $228 Andora sandals.  While I like them in Lilac, I would not pay that much for sandals. I most likely wouldn't pay $130, either!

Trusted Contributor

Had the q on last night in the background. Saw Think brand come on. Sandals for around $200. Shocking to me, but I guess some will like. To each her own. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

They had another pair for $278!  Too expensive, especially for very simple nothing designs.  The boots are nice, the rest of it is dull to me.  Even if I really loved it, I still wouldn't pay that much for a sandal.  Sandals don't last that long, they take a lot of wear and tear.

Honored Contributor

Frye is over priced in their handbags, boots, shoes, etc.  They desperately need a reality check.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Duly noted.  Don't know why people feel the need to share this info but ....

Honored Contributor

If you have feet that tolerate cheap or moderately priced sandals or shoes you are fortunate.

Not everyone has that luxury and must wear a certain type of shoe or leather or a better made product so that they can walk and go about their everyday life.

I have found that expensive, made really well with top material shoes can be worn for years.  They don't rub, far apart or stink after a few wearings.  Some I have had for at least 20 years and they are still going strong.

Some  people have 10 pairs of $20 shoes, while others have 1pair of $200 shoes.

Everyone  is different.

I have a pair of Frye boots  that I purchased before I was married.  They were expensive.  I am married a few weeks shy of 46 years and still wear those boots.  You get what you pay for most of the time.

I see nothing wrong with QVC as well as other retailers offering better made products that cost more.  Many people will buy and not blink an eye over the price.

Not everyone replaces or donates their things after a few wearings and invest in better made items that will last for years. 

Honored Contributor

I have spent 130 and more for sandals and shoes, but I agree the Frye shoes, boots and sandals are way overpriced and they are not comfortable. I wore Frye boots in the 70's and they were very expensive back then, but they were made in the USA. Most of the footwear today seems to be imported and I refuse to pay those ultra high prices for footwear so their share holders can get rich. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you and you have the money, knock yourself out.

Respected Contributor

Re: $228 FRYE SANDALS

[ Edited ]

You can have quality at a very good price. This week at TJ Maxx, I purchased a pair of very nice Merrell leather sandals for $40. They have a sport shoe type sole and hook and loop closure that accomodates my high instep. Comfortable as well as cute. You just have to shop a bit and be ready to buy when you find something you like.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady   I love Merrell sandals.  I have a high instep too and my feet like lhis brand.  I got my favorite pair at Marshall's.  

You are correct.  Shopping around can save you money.

Honored Contributor

Frye is expensive.  They always have been.  Their boots last forever.  My brother still has his prized Frye boots since the 70's and he still wears them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)