Super Contributor

I can see  spending that for a pair of boots not sandals!Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

If you have feet that tolerate cheap or moderately priced sandals or shoes you are fortunate.

Not everyone has that luxury and must wear a certain type of shoe or leather or a better made product so that they can walk and go about their everyday life.

I have found that expensive, made really well with top material shoes can be worn for years.  They don't rub, far apart or stink after a few wearings.  Some I have had for at least 20 years and they are still going strong.

Some  people have 10 pairs of $20 shoes, while others have 1pair of $200 shoes.

Everyone  is different.

I have a pair of Frye boots  that I purchased before I was married.  They were expensive.  I am married a few weeks shy of 46 years and still wear those boots.  You get what you pay for most of the time.

I see nothing wrong with QVC as well as other retailers offering better made products that cost more.  Many people will buy and not blink an eye over the price.

Not everyone replaces or donates their things after a few wearings and invest in better made items that will last for years. 

I so agree with you!  I have 2 pairs of Tony Lama lizard boots, 7rows of stiching on the shaft that, I purched in the early 80's when they were made in the USA that still look like new and they get a lot of wear!  Still wear my Famolare high heal sandals that were also purched at the same time and are worn every summer, made in Italy back then, and they look like new.  Over the years I have more than got my moneys worts on these well made expensive boots and sandals.

Honored Contributor

I remember saving up for my cool Frye boots that I had in the 70s.  I was young and could wear uncomfortable shoes...and these hurt my feet even though they were well made and expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

Well . . . I thought the Think! program had possibilities, but didn't feel enough information was given during the presentation about the manufacture of the sandals, the type of leathers used and the arch support. Certainly they are similar to Birkenstock's? Not a mention of the "famous other cork footbed sandal" was disappointing. The toe-loop sandal was speaking my name! What a cute sandal. Smiley Very Happy 

And, I'm a huge fan of Frye handbags. The supple leathers smell like quality leather in a new vehicle and they wear forever. I don't buy inexpensive leathergoods and recycle them in a couple of years. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Frye's are forEVER!  I have many years old boots....still look new, comfy, and classic.  I don't mind paying for longevity.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie   I agree with you about cheap shoes.  Fortunately for my feet, I don't wear them.  I do find many good quality, good support sandals either on sale or lower-priced.  I would pay over $100 if they were of exceptional quality with great arch support.

Frequent Contributor

@chessylady  TJMaxx is a good place to get some good quality shoes at about half the price.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady   I agree that TJMaxx is a good place to get good quality shoes at a reasonable price.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie I have my Fry's from the 70's as well. I can't wear them but I'm not about to get rid of them. I think I paid $70-80. I have 4 daughters - not one of them wanted to wear them. Oh well. They're in the back of my closet.

Frequent Contributor

@mare54  I had a pair of Frye boots, back in the day!

I was cleaning out the basement many years later, and found them covered in mold--I think I had worn them in the rain, put them down stairs, and forgot about them!