Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2022 Shoe Trends I Don't Like

@Zernia Rose , I happen to love fleece, sherpa (more specifically shearling or wool) in Fall and Winter.  I wear ugg boots around my home in the Fall and Winter, as my feet are cold natured.  

In the Summer?  Nah.  Don't want it.  Nope.  No.  LOL

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Oh I love me a furry shoe🤷🏻‍♀️. I wear my Uggs without socks in winter, got two pair ugg furry slippers and I just grabbed two pair of crocs...one lined and one unlined for the beach. We had a warm day today, about 80 and I had the lined crocs on and they felt good to me. Luckily, my feet don't sweat. 

The plastic/vinyl/rubber ones not so much but I know back when I was young, nothing would stop me from wearing a platform shoe...even though it elevated me to about 6'2"

@bmorechick I love lined slides (prefer boots or slippers that come up to the ankle with shearling or wool inside the footbed).  I adore it for Winter.  I ain't liking it for the Summer months.  I'm not putting my feet in those things for the Summer.

Those jelly looking plastic shoes are a nightmare for your feet.  Stick, stinky, yucky.  I remember the first iteration of jelly shoes.  No.  Just no.  LOL.  Enjoy your style.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Anything with white soles.....I live in a REALLY dusty city.....

@Desertdi how cute.  Yes, your handle tells us that.  LOL.  You know, I could do white soles better than fur on my feet in the Summer.  My son is a sneaker enthusiast and I will ask him what he used to keep the whites of his sneakers in pristine condition.  I didn't pay him no mind, but they always looked like new.  I think he just used to take them to the basement with some wipes.....We are in the city though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom you lucky gal you.  Those are soooo nice.  I love the red, white and black.  Would you wear them outdoors in the summer, though?

I got my trusty ugg boots for the winter that I wear around my old drafty house.  Summer, I don't want any fur.  

Somebody loves you girl!  Nice slippers.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset  I have those exact black Birkenstocks with the sherling lining. Love them. Keep my feet nice and toasty in the cool weather. Not crazy about sherpa though.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Anything with white soles.....I live in a REALLY dusty city.....

@Desertdi how cute.  Yes, your handle tells us that.  LOL.  You know, I could do white soles better than fur on my feet in the Summer.  My son is a sneaker enthusiast and I will ask him what he used to keep the whites of his sneakers in pristine condition.  I didn't pay him no mind, but they always looked like new.  I think he just used to take them to the basement with some wipes.....We are in the city though.  

@gertrudecloset     I wear Crocs sandals....and throw them in the kitchen sink!  I like the thick sole, 'cause the pavement is so hot....     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Hoovermom you lucky gal you.  Those are soooo nice.  I love the red, white and black.  Would you wear them outdoors in the summer, though?

I got my trusty ugg boots for the winter that I wear around my old drafty house.  Summer, I don't want any fur.  

Somebody loves you girl!  Nice slippers.

@gertrudecloset :  Thank you for the lovely compliment. They are adorable.  My DS always buys me an extravagant Christmas present, and these were so unexpected.  Yes, he loves me very much.  No, I won't wear them or any other furry shoe during the summer months, but that is just my preference.

Trusted Contributor

images.jfif

How about the $745 Yeezy Foam Runner? I've actually seen several men wearing these both in DC and Miami. I personally detest them, but I like a man who takes fashion risks, just not MY manSmiley Very Happy

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@gertrudecloset  I have those exact black Birkenstocks with the sherling lining. Love them. Keep my feet nice and toasty in the cool weather. Not crazy about sherpa though.

Same here.  Won't even look at anything lined with sherpa! It has to be wool or sherling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run  That's about the ugliest "shoe" I've ever seen.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth