Honored Contributor

@zhills I think I've made your recipe at least once every week🙂🙂🙂

I'm telling you I've adapted this recipe so much this has become a "go to meal".  I've even shared with friends &  family for ideas!

0DCE3D49-A289-40A9-B4FB-6A42989B35AE.jpeg

Tonight, I used sliced pork, added rice and mushrooms.  Served with good corn on the cob.

Thanks again-hope all is well with you🙂

homedecor1

Respected Contributor

Re: @zhills I think I've made your recipe at least once every week🙂🙂🙂

@homedecor1 

@Zhills 

Thank you!  This looks like a recipe we would enjoy!  Will be trying it soon.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this! I always order Q's beef tenderloin tips, and it's another way to use them! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1    So glad you are enjoying this recipe.  It must be 50 years old and it was a favorite at our house. 

Kids never failed to eat their broccoli because it all tastes so good!  The flavor is unique to me!   

I am doing good.  Allergies, but that's the norm!

Respected Contributor

thanks for the recipe, @Zhills  and @homedecor1 !   i will be adding this into our rotation because it sounds yummy, and most importantly it is simple and easy! 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recipe - looks great!
Respected Contributor

I made this for dinner tonight.  While very tasty after I added the soup mixture you couldn't see the beef and broccoli - it just looked like it was covered with white-ish gravy - not like the picture at all.  So what did I do wrong?  I followed the recipe exactly.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

I made this for dinner tonight.  While very tasty after I added the soup mixture you couldn't see the beef and broccoli - it just looked like it was covered with white-ish gravy - not like the picture at all.  So what did I do wrong?  I followed the recipe exactly.

Gee, @FranandZoe, I can't imagine.  Did you use condensed soup?  That's all Campbells made when this was printed.  It is really old!

You should have had 2 cups broccoli and the 3/4 lb beef with only 14 oz of liquid.  I found it to be just a sauce, not enough to be gravy!

So sorry it didn't turn out for you.  I must have made it a hundred times, raising the family, and we loved it!  

Did you use frozen broccoli that would have given off water thawing?  Sure wish I had an answer, I'm sure you would like it, if you like beef and broccoli!  

Maybe @homedecor1 has a suggestion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

Gee, @FranandZoe, I can't imagine.  Did you use condensed soup?  That's all Campbells made when this was printed.  It is really old!

You should have had 2 cups broccoli and the 3/4 lb beef with only 14 oz of liquid.  I found it to be just a sauce, not enough to be gravy!

So sorry it didn't turn out for you.  I must have made it a hundred times, raising the family, and we loved it!  

Did you use frozen broccoli that would have given off water thawing?  Sure wish I had an answer, I'm sure you would like it, if you like beef and broccoli!  

Maybe @homedecor1 has a suggestion.

@FranandZoe 

@Zhills 

Not sure I thought I had taken pic.  Anyway, I didn't have a lot of gravy (sauce) if I recall.

I added the broccoli during the last few minutes and served over rice.  The rice may have "absorbed" the excess sauce.

I do recall it was a white sauce before I added soy sauce ...and I never add the water as between the meat and broccoli there was enough liquid. 

I know it was a hit because someone from the original post gave me idea when they posted pic.  I found pics on original post and not to much sauce

0AEAF4B1-3F62-4E67-B792-31DCBA03A17F.jpeg

EFE2B750-34DB-463E-B7D7-251465552DFA.jpeg

This was another posters pic using chicken and you can see the white sauce.

79B448EC-B4EB-411A-9220-333C5E7485A4.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Thanks ladies.  As I said - I followed the recipe exactly  I did use frozen broccoli - not sure why that would have made a difference.  My dish - with the steak - looked more like the picture of the dish made with the chicken. 

We enjoyed it - just didn't like the looks of it compared to the pictures.