Valued Contributor

why oh why do i watch food paradise???

I made a meatloaf this morning , fresh mashed potatoes ,fresh baby carrots and mushroom gravy, looked really good for dinner tonite,,,until food paradise Maine...stuffed lobster ,really, I hate you now..No I don't want meatloaf.. take me to Boones in Maine ..Whaa...What food ruins you ....I want lobster .....Maryanne

Esteemed Contributor

Re: why oh why do i watch food paradise???

Lobster!  How do you fix yours?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love a tail ,drawn butter little fresh parsley, lemon ,some rice pilaf...Boiled tail of course, made scallops with bacon the other day, fresh crab cakes...ohhh.... I want lobster ....How do you like your lobster @Zhills?....

Honored Contributor

Steam them whole. When they are on sale in grocery store $5.99 lb. I have them steam them for me.

Respected Contributor

oh!!

But your meatloaf and sides sounds so good!  would trade ya that for a lobster anytime!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

Split in half but not separated then grilled!

Valued Contributor

@TheMemphisVette, you made me laugh!guess the grass is always greener  on the other side of the fence!Sounded  good to me too, until it was something I didn't have!Go figure!Thanks for the giggle!hugs,MaryAnne 

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

@TheMemphisVette, you made me laugh!guess the grass is always greener  on the other side of the fence!Sounded  good to me too, until it was something I didn't have!Go figure!Thanks for the giggle!hugs,MaryAnne 

Heart

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

I love a tail ,drawn butter little fresh parsley, lemon ,some rice pilaf...Boiled tail of course, made scallops with bacon the other day, fresh crab cakes...ohhh.... I want lobster ....How do you like your lobster @Zhills?....

I have boiled, steamed and broiled them in the past.  My latest adventure was to poach in butter (info on Pinterest).  Yummy! 

I think they maintain more flavor than boiling.  I'll take them any way they are fixed.  They serve them deep fried at several places here.  Don't want to share the flavor with breadcrumbs!  I'll take mine ala Lobster.

Respected Contributor

This is how my mother used to make lobster tails growing up - but with lobster and crabs we always used Old Bay in the boil.  We RARELY had them bc of the price (family of 6) but on rare occastions we did this is how she made them.  I am allergic to mayo (they think its bc of preservatives used in most) so for crabcakes, she used to leave out the mayo and an egg gave it enough moisture for me to eat.  

That's my issue having crab cakes at restaurant - they usually have mayo in them so I just buy the crabmeat and make with breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning.