Respected Contributor

Re: what foods do you really dislike?

@Mj12 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I'm a very adventurous eater. I'll try most things.  A lot of the things on these lists are things I love.

But...

I dislike peas, cauliflower and kale. 

I seem to have lost my taste for red meat over the years. I don't actively hate it. Just don't want to eat it much.

So it's not just me - good.  I can't stand peas, and if they end up in something I've ordered, I flick them all out.

Also do not like eggs.  How I wish I did, they have good protein.  But I can't stand them cooked any way.

@Mj12

I've hated peas since childhood. As a kid, I would feed them to the dog under the table or hide them in my milk. I wo t even order a dish that has peas in it.

It took me until I was an adult to like eggs. Now I love them, but I can't eat them first thing in the morning. I have to be up for awhile to eat anything, really.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty food-neurotic, and I always admit that.   It's probably mostly leftover from my childhood of being forced to eat some pretty horrible things.

The foods that I do not like, on a profound level, gross me out to the degree that I don't even want to see them, smell them (gag), or even be in close proximity in the room with them, in fear that I will become vomitous  (is that a word?  Smiley Very Happy) .

Anyhoo, I abhor eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, milk, and buttermilk.   Egg salad is THE grossest thing on the entire planet.  I'd rather eat live maggots.

I also will not eat any kind of meat that is raw, or even anywhere near raw.   Fish - cook it all the way.  Same with poultry and pork, Beef - med well for a steak and cooked all the way for hamburger type stuff.

Also would not eat oysters, clams, or mussels.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fun topic!  

I am a weird eater.  Picky as a kid - I about died when my mom made spareribs or sausage and saurkraut - ugh.  Boiled dinner.  Mayo.  But I do eat 'good' tuna salad or egg salad.  Just don't like mayo as a condiment.  

I eat liver.  Beef and chicken livers.  But get this........I hate pizza.  I think it smells disgusting, I hate pepperoni and its wet surfaces, and the grease - and I've only met one other person in my life that hates pizza.  NO one hates pizza.  Now I will eat a marguerita pizza, just basil and cheese and a tiny bit of sauce.  All  my life everyone thinks I'm crazy because I hate pizza.

I don't eat sushi unless it's a california roll.  I know lots of ppl that get sick at those restaurants.  I don't like bar food fried chicken wings dripping in sauce, greasy food.  

I love to cook and bake and I also don't like store bakery cakes, cookies or any kind of commercial pastries.  Unless it's a fabulous bakery.  

I will only eat one type of hot dog - Kowalski.  Hard to find in my area but they are ok.  If I never had a hot dog again, I'd be fine.  

This was fun!

Respected Contributor

Steak

Trusted Contributor

Any PINK meat or fish makes me nauseous just looking at it.....  😩

Respected Contributor

Liver !!!

Respected Contributor

No one should be forced to eat anything. That is child abuse in my opinion .

Respected Contributor

I think this tavern food !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any kind of mushroom.

Green English peas.

Scallops

Organ meat

Tofu

There are more, I'm sure, but these are big NO's.

adding:  any color of bell peppers.  I love jalepeno's but bell peppers are disgusting.    AND that east coast, holiday dish:   Green Bean Casserole.   OMG---that is the worst thing on the planet and everyone has it on the table in Pennsylvania at THanksgiving and/or xmas.   EEEEWWWWWW.

Honored Contributor

Spinach

kale

mustard

those are the top ones that come to mind...🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.