Trusted Contributor

do you stuff your turkey or not?  i do, but when the turkey meat reaches the right time, i remove the stuffing and put it in a pan and make sure that it is the correct temp.

Trusted Contributor

I usually put just a scoop or two in the cavity of the turkey just to give the meat some flavor.

Turkey can be bland so I brine for a day or two and then really season it well. 

Family likes stuffing in the bird but I hear too many stories about food poisioning -

Esteemed Contributor

Mine goes in slow cooker (Ninja) to keep warm

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover I make mine outside of the bird and put celery, carrots, apples, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme inside the bird instead.

Respected Contributor

Our turkeys get "stuffed" with the typical bread/onion/celery/ and seasonings. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: stuffing or dressing?

[ Edited ]

Stuff the turkey. Use the Reynolds oven bag. When turkey is done it's put on top of stove to rest about 15-20 minutes before scooping the dressing out and carving. (During the resting time, the sides are whipped up & heated, gravy tended to, cranberry gets sliced, and rolls baked, etc.)

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

we ave never ever gotten ill from stuffing the turkey.but that is because wen the turkey is done, i remove the stuffing and put it in a pan and return to the oven to make sure that it stays warm and that it get properly heated to the right temp